Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

10k help..

Thinking about going out of goodland or 951 tomorrow, im trying to fish some new areas. I know the 10k are hard to navigate. Any advise or things to watch out for would be greatly appreciated. Maybe a general area of where to head. thanks guys.

Replies

• DBStootsDBStoots Posts: 55 Deckhand
    Get a Top Spot map and make sure you have GPS. Fish the outer islands, shorelines with a mixture of cover--ouster bars, log piles, broken tree tops. Look for snook on the back sides of islands or oyster bars for reds. Dismal Key-- grass beds, deep passes, numerous oyster bars that run all the way to Pumpkin and Santina Bays. Work the beaches early, on the way from Goodland to Dismal Key Pass, especially the points.
  • 10kman10kman Posts: 672 Officer
    FLA_tony wrote: »
    Thinking about going out of goodland or 951 tomorrow, im trying to fish some new areas. I know the 10k are hard to navigate. Any advise or things to watch out for would be greatly appreciated. Maybe a general area of where to head. thanks guys.
    I was in your situation 6 years ago and I joined the Naples Fishing Club.Now,
    I'm fishing people who have lived and fished in this area for 20 years and not
    having to fish alone.We can trade off on boats.
    If interested,go to Naples Fishing Club web site.Marco Island also has a
    very good fishing club with similiar goals.
  • FLA_tonyFLA_tony Posts: 59 Greenhorn
    Thanks guys! I did end up going in at Goodland. Not much luck I got one good hit but it let go. I ended up catching nothing, my fiance was the only one that land a few. I was going to run south but it was a little choppy for my 16ft scout. Fished the surrounding areas from the ramp with no luck.
    Hopefully next time will be more productive. Thanks the tips guys!
  • 10kman10kman Posts: 672 Officer
    FLA_tony wrote: »
    Thanks guys! I did end up going in at Goodland. Not much luck I got one good hit but it let go. I ended up catching nothing, my fiance was the only one that land a few. I was going to run south but it was a little choppy for my 16ft scout. Fished the surrounding areas from the ramp with no luck.
    Hopefully next time will be more productive. Thanks the tips guys!
    Now you know why I joined a fishing club.There are many great areas to fish where you were at,but
    like most fishing areas 90% can be ignored.