Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

9/2/11

Took a day off and did some fishing out of Goodland today. Water a little dirty, but not too bad. Couldnt see the bottom outside, but did get some just useable pilchards. They are thick now and there were a few (very few) decent ones mixed in with the little ones. Im sure if water was cleaner you could target groups of bigger ones. Tide was blown out a bit with strong NE winds, but nice temp wise thanks to wind. Anyway, we got 3 lower slot reds, several small to medium snook, got a jump out of about a 15lb tarpon, a few trout, and some keeper sized mangroves. All in all a nice day. Everything caught on useable sized pilchards and gulps. Great to get back on the water in the upper 10k. I think its been a good 3 months (too long!) since I have fished down there. Fall fishing is upon us though, so time to rock & roll.:Rockon

Replies

• snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 1,179 Officer
    Thanks for the report. Glad you had a good day.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • polepositionpoleposition Posts: 1,053 Officer
    I was out yesterday and scored the same type of bait then ran it down past Pavillion. Carbon copy report. Several Reds in the 18" - 22" range and snook bite improving from what was a relatively slow summer for me. Water temps ran aroun 83-84 everywhere I fished due to a week of overcast weather and fresh water run-off. It won't be long now!
  • IndianoutlawIndianoutlaw Posts: 550 Officer
    Nice job on the reports guys, keep them coming! Glad to hear you are back on the water Joe, it's always nice to see those live bait reports.
    P1000022_2.jpg