How was the weekend?

How did you guys/gals do this weekend? I wasn't able to get out at all. My father threw out his back so I had to keep an eye on him and then went to the Buccaneers game yesterday with the girlfriend. How was the water clarity? How was the fishing? What kind of impact did the rain & the locks being opened again have on your fishing trips? Hope everyone had a wonderful & safe time. I'll be getting out this week/weekend for sure! :wink

Replies

• FishyTech215FishyTech215 Posts: 85 Deckhand
    Fishing was terrible with a capital T, in the Caloosahatchee river from the CC Yacht Club all the way to the flats just beyond Sanibel Span A.
    We couldn't even catch a ratfish. There were jumpers and surface disturbances around us in several spots, but I am almost sure they were mullet.
    The water was very brown, somewhat cloudy. Very low to non-existent salinity. Even our shrimp couldn't stay alive in the live well.
  • nitelite08nitelite08 Posts: 302 Officer
    Wow! Doesn't sound very good at all. I've pretty much left the Caloos alone until the locks have been shut for awhile. If you keep your shrimp in the bucket until you get out to some better water (pine island sound) is when I turn the well on, you should be able to keep them alive no problem. I'm going to try the passes between barrier islands this week/weekend and see what's around. Hope you have some better luck next trip!
  • ThePigskinCaptainThePigskinCaptain Posts: 390 Officer
    nitelite08 wrote: »
    How did you guys/gals do this weekend? I wasn't able to get out at all. My father threw out his back so I had to keep an eye on him and then went to the Buccaneers game yesterday with the girlfriend. How was the water clarity? How was the fishing? What kind of impact did the rain & the locks being opened again have on your fishing trips? Hope everyone had a wonderful & safe time. I'll be getting out this week/weekend for sure! :wink

Well, I am sorry to hear about your misfortune on Sunday. As a lifelong Bucs fan, this is horrible to watch. Hopefully there were a few adult beverages involved. Gotta be numbed to watch this circus. (Didn't mean to derail your thread- just commiserating with a fellow Bucs fan)
  • NoreastSalt3295NoreastSalt3295 Posts: 549 Officer
    Landed my first tarpon on 15 lb test and a 4000 size reel from shore. Total blast.
    Well, I am sorry to hear about your misfortune on Sunday. As a lifelong Bucs fan, this is horrible to watch. Hopefully there were a few adult beverages involved. Gotta be numbed to watch this circus. (Didn't mean to derail your thread- just commiserating with a fellow Bucs fan)

I have season tickets and it's mostly just for fun. I would like to see them actually win a game but with the way things are going that could be awhile. They do damage control after every loss so I get an email every week from my account rep with freebies,passes,parking something of that nature to try and keep me interested. The free pregame parties are great cause it saves a ton of money. I have great seats so if you want to go to a game send me a message and you can use my passes for the price I paid if you would like sometime (just return the passes before the following game) I definitely wish I would of gone fishing on sunday instead of witnessing another meltdown at the end of the game!! Hopefully they can turn things around at some point.
    Landed my first tarpon on 15 lb test and a 4000 size reel from shore. Total blast.

That's awesome!! I've never caught a tarpon. But I've never targeted them either. I'm sure that fish was a hell of a fight. Congrats
  • FishyTech215FishyTech215 Posts: 85 Deckhand