H.bird 363 question

capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,589 Moderator
I have one on my skiff and love it. Have had it for some time and also acquired a lot of GPS numbers.

Question , can my numbers be retrieved and stored so they can be used in another unit ?
It doesn't have a removable card.
"You'll get your weather"

Replies

• Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,332 Captain
    Every 300 series that I've seen had a single SD card slot for loading maps. Just replace the map card with a formated SD card, press the menu button twice and go to the Navigation tab. You should be able to export all of your navigation data which will save your waypoints, tracks, and routes to the card. You can then upload them into the free Humminbird PC program or change them to just about any other fish finder format with GPS Babel, which is another free program.

If your unit really doesn't have a slot, I have the cable for connecting your Humminbird directly to a computer. Then you can download the waypoints directly to Humminbird PC.

Send me a PM and we can set something up to do this if you need to go that route. I'm not that far from you in Homosassa.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,589 Moderator
    Doc , I just found this on H.Birds site.

The 300 Series units only support an NMEA Output of
    position, speed, bearing, and time of day information. Cartography, waypoints,
    routes, and tracks are not transferred from the 300 Series unit. NMEA Input to
    the 300 Series unit is not supported in any way.

Dang it :banghead
    The NMEA output is for connecting your GPS to an autopilot or DCS radio. It's not for exporting your nav data to another unit.

Does your Humminbird have an SD (map card) slot? Even if it doesn't, there is a connector on the back that will let us hook it directly to a computer using the cable that I have.
    No card slot and no connector on the back. Only connections are on the base of the unit where it snaps into the receiver.
  • HBirdDeborahCRCHBirdDeborahCRC Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    Capt Louie, You could use the Humminbird PC program and a pc connection cable (AS PC2 or AS PC3) to transfer the waypoints from your unit directly into Humminbird PC. This can also be used to update the software of the unit, if the software on your unit has changed since the unit you have was produced.
    Deborah @ Humminbird
    Thanks Deb ! How do I get Hummingbird PC ?
  • HBirdDeborahCRCHBirdDeborahCRC Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    When you register the 365 at the below link you should have access to Humminbird PC :

http://www.humminbird.com/Support/product_registration/registration/

Deborah @ Humminbird
    Deborah @ Humminbird
    Got it worked out . Thanks.
    I have that cable if you need it Louie.
    I have that cable if you need it Louie.

Thanks Doc , I do.

Side note , My unit is a 363 not a 365. I edited it in the title so as to not create confusion.
    Sorry.