A photo going around on FB....

Slug-OSlug-O Posts: 3,017 Captain
Wow!!!!!!
null_zps4e9f0bec.jpg
USCG Licensed and Insured Charter Capt. PRIME TIME CHARTERS 904-591-8906 ICW and Back Waters fishing. Palmvalleycharters.com

Replies

• JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 1,353 Officer
    Arrest that dolphin!!!!!

What's the point of posting that here?
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • tunamantunaman Posts: 3,731 Captain
    Arrest that dolphin!!!!!

What's the point of posting that here?

Makes about as much sence as 3/4 of everything else on here!, i think its interesting!
  • Slug-OSlug-O Posts: 3,017 Captain
    Photo of a regulated species Decimated by one fish... Mother Nature is a *****...
    USCG Licensed and Insured Charter Capt. PRIME TIME CHARTERS 904-591-8906 ICW and Back Waters fishing. Palmvalleycharters.com
  • anejo22anejo22 Posts: 1,511 Officer
    dang and just think those turtles made it to the blue water,mother nature is a b itch
  • Never seen that many in one fish, but I have seen a belly full before.

Best is the Muttons off Stuart when the turtles are hatching. Not legal but catch one, cut him open and use the dead turtle for bait and it won't last in the water 2 minutes!
  • Red FishRed Fish Posts: 1,163 Officer
    anejo22 wrote: »
    dang and just think those turtles made it to the blue water,mother nature is a b itch

My thoughts exactly! Amazing that so many made it out deep together.
    Genesis 27:3 - Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
  • abacofeverabacofever Posts: 377 Officer
    **** in Fish and Wildlife will go after the fisherman for possession of an endangered species.
  • Milk JugMilk Jug Posts: 44 Deckhand
    well the turtle when they are young like to hang around weed lines as it provides shelter and food for them. the dolphin normally hang around them as well since the bait is there. not the first time i seen that.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,962 Captain
    If it wasn't like that the oceans would be overrun with turtles. They took man as a predator out of the equation so it's more for the fishys.
    I miss turtle steak.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,911 Moderator
    First of all, who cleans a fish like that? Looks kind of posed, if you ask me.

"Oh... just a guy hunched over with a knife gutting his dolphin on the dock"

My guess is they cleaned one smaller dolphin off the same area of grass and it had a few. Then another dolphin and it had some. Then they took the stomach contents of 3 or 4 and laid them next to a split belly of their biggest dolphin.

Just a thought.

Either way, yeah... dolphin kill way more turtles than condo lights.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • Capt Dan MedinaCapt Dan Medina Posts: 690 Officer
    Darwin's theory, survival of the fittest
    www.SaltyFishingCharters.com 33 Ft World Cat Tournament Edition Catamaran
    Offshore Fishing Charters FT Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Cape Coral
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    I think I remember seeing a similar pic w/a guy cleaning a Cobia in S.Fl. that had a belly full of turtles...
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • I guess you could just skip the fish as the middle man....

Costa Rica turtle harvest
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 9,046 Admiral
    Costa Rica is a GREAT place to eat turtle!

Florida used to be....
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.