Hibachis

Okay. I sad saw a hibachi grill the other day at a yard sale and it got me to thinking about my Dad grilling steaks and burgers on one in the 1970's. And how good those steaks were. So, my question is... Are these things worth a **** or am I just remembering good times and thinking that those decent steaks were better than they actually were? New ones from Lodge are around $99 and some other cast iron one are in the $30-$50 range.

BTW, the hibachi was sold when I went back but I found an old Penn 4/0 Senator for $10. SOLD!

Replies

• FlashFlash Posts: 11,175 AG
    I don't think they are as well made as back then. I know the first one we had lasted quite some time. The newer ones, were more rip offs from the originals. Good little grill. We use to take it camping with us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • FOWLER267FOWLER267 Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    I have a Lodge and highly recomend them; they are very solid but used to be $40 about ten years ago vs $120 now.
  • flattitudeflattitude Posts: 536 Officer
    FOWLER267 wrote: »
    I have a Lodge and highly recomend them; they are very solid but used to be $40 about ten years ago vs $120 now.

I second this. The lodge cannot be beat and is worth the money. Chinamart had them for 79$ a couple weeks ago.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,175 AG
    flattitude wrote: »
    I second this. The lodge cannot be beat and is worth the money. Chinamart had them for 79$ a couple weeks ago.

$61 now and boy, not the Hibachi I remember. :huh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • FOWLER267FOWLER267 Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    Flash wrote: »
    $61 now and boy, not the Hibachi I remember. :huh

Thats not a bad price. I bought mine at walmart about 03 or so and loved it but havent seen it after going thru a divorce a few years ago. I think it is tucked away deep in a storage building that I havent' emptied out yet. The only place I see them now is Gander Mountain at $120 and up and i refuse to pay that.