Is there a sandbar in sw florida where people hang out at?

I've been all over and can't seem to find a sandbar that people go to.

Replies

• Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    We are a bit more family oriented on this coast. Try Peanut Island.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • FinsfanFinsfan Posts: 604 Officer
    Yeah I guess so lol. I just see all these people talking about hanging out at sandbars but I've never heard of one being in our area. Guess it is an east coast thing? I prefer fishing myself but would be interesting to visit one.
  • ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,029 Captain
    There's a nice one between the Boca Grande causeway and the old railroad bridge.
  • kmagnusskmagnuss Posts: 2,873 Captain
    Where in SW Florida?

There's Snake Island at the Venice Jetty. Very family friendly.

Stump pass in Englewood is really busy... one side is a huge party and the other side is a little more family friendly.
    Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
    Captain Keith Magnussen - Crooked Rod Charters
    Instagram is @crooked_rod_charters
  • FinsfanFinsfan Posts: 604 Officer
    A little more south.....sanibel, ft, myers, boca area.
  • camgcicamgci Posts: 185 Deckhand
    Picnic Island near sanibel is usually busy on week-ends, not really a sandbar, just a place to hang out with family. Also two pines in Matlacha pass (sand bar) has a real party a few times a year. It's usually posted when it is going to happen.
  • SJCSJC Posts: 2,562 Captain
    Go in Gasparilla Pass and cut to the right, go under the bridge. Cant miss it.

Or run up Gasparila Island from Boca Grande and when you get to the old railroad trussells you should be able to see everyone on the north side of them.
    The Beatings will continue until moral improves!
  • kymasabekymasabe Posts: 111 Officer
    Yeah, what camgci said. There is a sandbar in Matlacha Pass near Two Pines that has scheduled Sand Bar Parties a couple of times a year. Usually has a band, last time had food catered by Bubba's Roadhouse.
    Picnic Island at the bottom of Pine Island, just south east of St. James City usually has activity on the weekend as well.
    Lastly, and where we usually go is the northeast side of Cayo Costa, at the mouth of Pelican Bay. There's a peninsula that sticks out and boats beach on both sides, lots of families, not uncommon to find easy-ups out there, grills, families, kids/pets.
  • esteroestero Posts: 2,041 Captain

Just because you’re  Offended  Doesn’t mean you right!

• Capt Dan MedinaCapt Dan Medina Posts: 716 Officer
    The too places that come to find almost immediately would be picnic island, and the sandbar off of ft myers beach in front of the lanai Kai. I will also share that as a captain for TowBoatUS, they are alsosome of the bars we pull the most boats off of. With the lanai Kai specifically, be very careful in how you anchor your boat and don't get caught on the beach/bar with an approaching storm. Far too many boats lost to Mother Nature out there. The beach on the outside of Sanibel is also a popular area for boaters to anchor out. As far as traditional sandbars that you hear about the people raft up to, we really don't have any. Makes me miss the days of hitting sands cut over in biscayne bay and down in the keys.
    www.SaltyFishingCharters.com 33 Ft World Cat Tournament Edition Catamaran
    Offshore Fishing Charters FT Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Cape Coral
  • DoFloridaRightDoFloridaRight Posts: 149 Officer
    The New Pass/Dog Beach area down in Estero Bay usually has a crowd. Nothing outrageous.
  • saltydog251saltydog251 Posts: 136 Officer
    We have a lot of sandbars that would be great to hang out on if the water here wasn't so putrid looking :banghead
  • BeastieBeastie Bokeelia, FLPosts: 864 Officer
    As stated above Pelican Bay also the Southwest and Southeast sides of Cayo Costa (depending which wat the wind is blowing).