Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Gulf County Alligator Tags... anybody have one?

We bagged our two more alligators this past Friday night and were tagged out. All meat gators. Really wish I still had a tag, because... I found a monster that might can be reached by public water, but he's going to be tough to hunt due to the size of the water where's hanging. Very small, shallow, backwater stuff. However, I have access to him from private property, which would likely make things a whole lot easier.

I have boat, real nice crossbow (bought this year) with bolts, tips, AMS big game reel, lights, batteries, and I can borrow a bang stick.

What I don't have is a tag or harpoons.

Anybody out there have a Gulf County tag that wants to try and bag a trophy gator?
"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"

Replies

• IAMIAM Posts: 234 Officer
  • dblazerdblazer Posts: 28 Greenhorn
    what body of water, and where bouts. I won't go looking, I promise! hahahhaha!!! He'll never hear me coming in my airboat! hahahah
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,463 AG
    If you had one for Jefferson Co I could put you on several 10'+ gators. You can hardly fish for the dang things trying to take the fish as you real them in.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • UgahewesUgahewes Posts: 5,322 Admiral
    Micci carry a 22 and start planking
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,238 Moderator
    micci_man wrote: »
    If you had one for Jefferson Co I could put you on several 10'+ gators. You can hardly fish for the dang things trying to take the fish as you real them in.

Well dang! If you want to play guide, maybe I'll put in for Jefferson County next year.

This big gator that I have found now is hanging out next to private property all the time. The guide we used this year for our first two gators (did next two on our own and they were bigger anyway) is a nuisance trapper for the state. I'm sure I could get him out there any day of the year to bag this thing, but he'd probably want to turn that into a "charter" and I really don't want to pay him to come out there when I could do it myself with tag. Grrrrr.

Given this alligators location, I don't think he'll be harvested by another hunter this year. We'll see, though. He could decide to go check out some open water one night and get whacked. I sure hope not, though. I'm ready tor a big boy.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"