Home General Fishing

Snook Season T-5

Dakodah1Dakodah1 Posts: 14 Greenhorn
What lures or baits should I throw at snook? I will probably try the sebastian inlet :huh

Replies

• JettyparkJettypark Posts: 1,969 Captain
    You might get more help by going into the general region (Eastern/central) and asking your question..
    Here some infor> SI isn't a easy place to fish and once Snook season starts the place becomes crazy town
    Live bait> Also any baitfish will work... But one day they might be hitting mullets and the next day Jumbo
    shrimp... I always go with different bait...Tides play a big role in catching snooks at SI...lures> anything
    that you can bounce along the bottom and doesn't cost much... because you will lose rigs at SI..
    You have the inlet/beach/north and south pier(jetty) and the catwalk... pick your poison.. but here's
    the North jetty, I believe snook season just open... LOL
    DSCF1625si.jpg

Oh I quit fishing SI a long time ago> I rather fish the Cape area and not deal with all that crazy mess..
    There is also a SI link where you can see the amount of people fishing it from day to day and they post
    a fishing report also...Google "Sebastian Inlet District" and it should take you to their home page :wink
    aa13.gif"A ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons"
  • Anclote KeyAnclote Key Posts: 2,354 Officer
    DOA bait buster
    The two best times to fish is when it’s rainin’ and when it ain’t. –Patrick F. McManus
  • congoman775congoman775 Posts: 1,395 Officer
    Jettypark wrote: »
    You might get more help by going into the general region (Eastern/central) and asking your question..
    Here some infor> SI isn't a easy place to fish and once Snook season starts the place becomes crazy town
    Live bait> Also any baitfish will work... But one day they might be hitting mullets and the next day Jumbo
    shrimp... I always go with different bait...Tides play a big role in catching snooks at SI...lures> anything
    that you can bounce along the bottom and doesn't cost much... because you will lose rigs at SI..
    You have the inlet/beach/north and south pier(jetty) and the catwalk... pick your poison.. but here's
    the North jetty, I believe snook season just open... LOL
    DSCF1625si.jpg

Oh I quit fishing SI a long time ago> I rather fish the Cape area and not deal with all that crazy mess..
    There is also a SI link where you can see the amount of people fishing it from day to day and they post
    a fishing report also...Google "Sebastian Inlet District" and it should take you to their home page :wink

Insane. Nice to live in SWFL sometimes.
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,413 Admiral
    It will be worse than what you see in that pic , the walmartians will be in full force...during the day livebait ,downsized fluorocarbon leader and small hooks.
  • JettyparkJettypark Posts: 1,969 Captain
    And if you do go and happen to catch something... Don't leave your spot without a marker... because ten guys will be
    fighting over it... LOL
    aa13.gif"A ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons"
  • Settin_HooksSettin_Hooks Posts: 237 Deckhand
    Jettypark wrote: »
    And if you do go and happen to catch something... Don't leave your spot without a marker... because ten guys will be
    fighting over it... LOL

So true! What a nightmare.
    2006 Maverick Master Angler SOLD
    2016 Sea Hunt Gamefish 25
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,413 Admiral
    Hey JP , I didn't see you in any of the pics from today.......what gives :shrug

2qntm2t.jpg

QLpx3dN.jpg

:rotflmao
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,660 AG
    Locals laugh there rear end off when they read stuff like this................but, in case you didn't know..... just because it's "open" doesn't mean it is the best time to go get your "slottie".
    Also, like in anything...there are just a few "hotrods" that catch them all the time...but the average guy is just going to go have a day out in the sun.

John D and jettypark gave you good info.....
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • If1shalldayIf1shallday Posts: 464 Officer
    Insane. Nice to live in SWFL sometimes.

YES!!!! THIS X100000