Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Muttons! 8/29/13

2»

Replies

• LastMangoLastMango Posts: 4,574 Officer
    I know Muttons, and while those are two nice ones, it's a shame we're not all just celebrating Muttons....... Dude, a 34" Mutton is a monster, 6'6", 10'6", whatever....... I am sorry man, but that is not a 34 inch Mutton, but, still, a **** nice catch, especially this summer........ So, still, congrats from me, as that is my favorite fish to catch...
  • Roc N RolRoc N Rol Posts: 1,352 Officer
    BS, you cant measure or you are just flat out lying, if you simply scale the fish and your fingers on the largest muffin you caught, your fingers cover 6", that would make each of your fingers 2" wide. You are not that tall. Next time let your wife tell the story.
  • HeavyhitterHeavyhitter Posts: 91 Deckhand
    A 34" mutton is pushing twenty pounds! I will take those out of Palm beach any day!
  • 18mav18mav Posts: 78 Greenhorn
    We spear hundreds of muttons a year. A 34 inch mutton is a TANK! Nice fish, but I don't care if you're 7' 6 that fish isn't close to 30.
    :fishing
  • fishslayer12fishslayer12 Posts: 334 Officer
    jupiter wrote: »
    If I had let my wife or a smaller person hold the mutton you'd eat your words. I'm 6'6" so a 34" mutton is small next to me. Your kid in that photo shows the fishes size. Nice time I'm posting with a ruler next to my fish. :)

Don't get me wrong bro!! U got 2 legal muttons. One is around 18" and the big one 22, 24 at best. Nice catch but get real. I don't care how big you say you are!
    Nice catch bro... But next time don't try to blow smoke up wind
    If the fish aren't bitin', I jump in and shoot them....
    www.UrgentCareChiropractic.com
    The Treasure Coast's Hometown Chiropractors ! Dr. Schoch, and Urgent Care Chiropractic....We've got your back 772-343-8511 !
    Christmas06andMISC-GOTHRU2191-1.jpg2b84e6de-1.jpg1310476142-1.jpg1316642336-1.jpg
  • 18mav18mav Posts: 78 Greenhorn
    This grouper is only 30 and it could eat either of those muttons
    :fishing
  • huntnfishhuntnfish Posts: 11 Greenhorn
    Nice fish, Jupiter. Good eats.
    Never a hater, but had to weigh in when someone brought his to my attention.
    You'd have to be 8'5" to make that a 34" mutton.
    We catch and shoot 100's of big snaps every year...
    34" is a slob...and those aren't close...but they are
    legal and delicious.
  • jupiterjupiter Posts: 82 Deckhand
    Don't get me wrong bro!! U got 2 legal muttons. One is around 18" and the big one 22, 24 at best. Nice catch but get real. I don't care how big you say you are!
    Nice catch bro... But next time don't try to blow smoke up wind

Wow, you couldn't be more wrong on their sizes, both were bigger than my 100qt cooler on the boat and both were measured at the dock.

Anyways thanks everyone for the happy wishes, next time I'll leave out the weights and sizes for those whose are flaming.
  • fishslayer12fishslayer12 Posts: 334 Officer
    jupiter wrote: »
    Wow, you couldn't be more wrong on their sizes, both were bigger than my 100qt cooler on the boat and both were measured at the dock.

Anyways thanks everyone for the happy wishes, next time I'll leave out the weights and sizes for those whose are flaming.

Wow!! 100qt cooler ehh. If you post again, just don't exaggerate by 12 inches and/or 10 lbs.
    don't get me wrong, I'd eat your muttons any day of the week!
    Nice catch Jupiter. Had fun with this thread for sure, and for that I thank you!
    I can't wait til you catch a 34" mutton... You will probably crap your pants lol
    If the fish aren't bitin', I jump in and shoot them....
    www.UrgentCareChiropractic.com
    The Treasure Coast's Hometown Chiropractors ! Dr. Schoch, and Urgent Care Chiropractic....We've got your back 772-343-8511 !
    Christmas06andMISC-GOTHRU2191-1.jpg2b84e6de-1.jpg1310476142-1.jpg1316642336-1.jpg
  • jupiterjupiter Posts: 82 Deckhand
    Wow!! 100qt cooler ehh. If you post again, just don't exaggerate by 12 inches and/or 10 lbs.
    don't get me wrong, I'd eat your muttons any day of the week!
    Nice catch Jupiter. Had fun with this thread for sure, and for that I thank you!
    I can't wait til you catch a 34" mutton... You will probably crap your pants lol

Come with me on Monday and I'll do my best to repeat in person. :-) While I don't have a picture to size up those fish well they were monsters, so nevertheless what anyone says the folks on the boat know the true story, and those are truly the only people I care who believe me. ;-)
  • Roc N RolRoc N Rol Posts: 1,352 Officer
    LOL, no one believes you, not even the people on the boat. That is why no ons is backing you up. The moderator does not even believe you, and now your pictures of the barely legal muffins have poofed. This post will probably go poof also.
  • Angler_2600Angler_2600 Posts: 1,106 Officer
    Lol you guys are all unreal! We are fishermen for a reason! Great catch and great story! Enjoy the fish and post another report