Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Low key bottom bounce 8/28/13

Did maiden voyage last week w Team Outlaw and back for round 2.
(Trip 1 was a success w a SOLID wahoo getting slid thru the transom door!
Overall had a good week last week or so on wahoo going 3 fish for 6 trips,
but not near as hot as Gangnam Style :hail)
That was a VERY cool video and solid work by SEVERAL teams, but I digress :grin :angel

Original plan was to both wahoo and snapper fish for short PM trip.
Cleared Jupiter about 4:21 and water was high(high tide at 4) but "iffy" on quality compared to earlier in the week. (sea-green)

Get out to 70' (and out to 230+')and there are literally HUNDREDS of thousands of Jellyfish from surface to 30' down.

The Box Jelly's are back and there were HUGE swarms that turned the water almost pink.

We Also an abundance of grass on rips and in the 100-140 range so we quickly switched gears and went to bottom fish.

Set up off Juno pier in 115' with 1.6 knots of current and fairly blue water.
First fish up was a nice yellowtail, followed by a porgy, a grunt and a mango.
Had STEADY action for an hour and a half or so. Caught a few more snapper but mostly "exotics":grin
IE Wrasse, Queen Triggers, Squirells, Remoras, Runners, Grunts and lost a grouper that we had off bottom, then rocked us up.

All in all the guys had fun, we saved some fuel, and laid plans for islands missions.
Boat ran great and short video of "wake-age"

Not red hot by any stretch, but guys learned a bit and nice departure from HS trolling.
Have a great day and thanks for reading!!

Few pics along the way. PS Bo Little Bob's beak is almost 100% healed and is already dancing the "funky chicken" !
USCG Freelance Licensed Captain
20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
[url]Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com[/url]
(I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
[email protected]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• FISHHUNTRFISHHUNTR Posts: 1,286 Officer
    Sounds like a relaxing day of fishing... thanks for the report E
    "FISHUNTR"- 2012 20' Pathfinder, Yamaha F150, HDS gen 3 9T
  • Johnpaul1682Johnpaul1682 Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    Thanks again Eric. Had another awesome trip with you. Can't wait to get over to the islands!!!!
    John Paul
    OUTLAW Century 29
  • Plane Fish nPlane Fish n Posts: 6,439 Admiral
    Eric,

I'm glad that little Bob is on the mend.. good for the little guy.

Now, as far as Gangnam Style, how about making a video with Little Bob in it?

You can call Paul B. DeMille to help you! :grin:grin

Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • LET'S GOLET'S GO Posts: 2,041 Captain
    Eric good to see you on the fish, much better to hear that LB is better he and his feather look MUCH UNPROVED I wonder if with a better beak he is taking better care of himself? Good luck my friend and best regards to LB! Thank
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL FROM TEAM LET'S GO,
    BONES AND BOOMER. :dog :dog LET'S MAKE EVERY TRIP COUNT

baf44a4e-6651-4a38-8a03-7b1c3b6bd22b_zpse5ca0565.jpg L.G. LIFE IS GOOD ON THE "LET'S GO!"
  • e-moneye-money Posts: 4,258 Captain
    LET'S GO wrote: »
    Eric good to see you on the fish, much better to hear that LB is better he and his feather look MUCH UNPROVED I wonder if with a better beak he is taking better care of himself? Good luck my friend and best regards to LB! Thank

Better beak = better bird Bo. Bottom fishing is not that glamorous w smaller fish, but VERY good eats!
    USCG Freelance Licensed Captain
    20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
    [url]Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com[/url]
    (I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RockNReelerRockNReeler Posts: 1,067 Officer
    Ugh...hate the jellies, makes jumping in to cool off during the hot summer days "iffy". Found some nice fish on Friday in same spots.