Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Guides Brevard County

Hi all,

I need to do a culture/human interest piece for an agency I work for, something specific to the area. Are there any young guides or charter captains that are really good and know their stuff, have a decent clientele base and enter and win tournaments? Good character, speaks well, solid educational background, or work is a family tradition is a plus. Leads would be great.

Replies

• JethroJethro Posts: 409 Deckhand
    Are you looking for a charter? What exactly does this agency need of this guide/captain?
  • wingbreakerwingbreaker Posts: 150 Deckhand
    To do a feature story on someone. Something that shows the culture of Brevard County. Could be anyone, just has to be interesting. Not an average Joe fisherman, someone high speed. Wins tournaments, solid background or education, catches fish, a hotshot basically. I like fishing so thought it would be cool to do a piece on someone up and coming or keeping a family business/tradition in tact. Any other human interest stories related to brevard would be great too. Thanks
  • FishyGirlFishyGirl Posts: 715 Officer
    I would suggest our young Captain Tyler Vollmer. He is a great kid and worthy of a interview. Hookem Chaters is the name of his business.
    "America will never be destroyed from outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves"
    --Abraham Lincoln
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,054 AG
    FishyGirl wrote: »
    I would suggest our young Captain Tyler Vollmer. He is a great kid and worthy of a interview. Hookem Chaters is the name of his business.

Yep.... Tyler is your man.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you