Need tips on Ding Darling Please.

Hi, I'm from the Big bend and coming to Sanibel for the weekend. I'll have my canoe to fish from.
Any tips on where to go and what to throw would be greatly appreciated.:) Duane.

Replies

• nitelite08nitelite08 Posts: 302 Officer
    Fish the mangrove shorelines of DD. There is a ton of it. I'm sure any live bait on a jig head or regular hook will work just fine for you. Enjoy your weekend and good luck fishing!
  • waterskunkwaterskunk Posts: 53 Deckhand
    Hi, I'm from the Big bend and coming to Sanibel for the weekend. I'll have my canoe to fish from.
    Any tips on where to go and what to throw would be greatly appreciated.:) Duane.

Knot to sink your ship but I do believe ding is closed for the summer, repairing the wildlife drive. But do a quick google search for more accurate numbers.
    If ding is closed you could always put in at tarpon bay outfitters and make the paddle, or just fish tarpon bay. Both areas will hold tons of fish. As to ding, i would fish top water lures on the mornings incoming tide. When the water is high fish any of the deep creek mouths next to the bushes. There should be plenty of bait to cast net back in ding or throw some jigs in the deep water to get cut lady fish. The tide in ding has always determined the bite in my past experiences. Early morning this time of year is generally best due the rising temp.
    Don't be shy to paddle all the way back and fish up next to wildlife drive, some of my best action has been with in ear shot of my vehicle. Both snook and redfish will be primary targets but I'm sure the trout will be aggressively mixed in the batch. Best of luck and keep us posted on your results. Hope this helps
    O yeah and my best results either came from fishing the farthest most south end or north end, not to much luck in the middle.
  • SnookMagnetSnookMagnet Posts: 122 Officer
    Another option for paddling is to launch your canoe into the bay at Tween waters Inn. Fish the north tip and east shoreline of Buck Key. You might even encounter some tailing redfish on the grass flats east of Buck Key.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • WindsplitterWindsplitter Posts: 614 Officer
    ding is closed for the summer, repairing the wildlife drive

Read more: http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?126708-Need-tips-on-Ding-Darling-Please#ixzz2dCVkdFD8
    Glad to know that before I go, Thanks all for your help.