Non skid deck wax?

Ron19Ron19 Posts: 1 Greenhorn
I currently use another manufacturer's non skid wax product after washing up the boat. I have to re-apply every couple of trips, but it is easy so I don't mind. And it really helps with clean up after a bloody day of slingin' fish on the deck. Is there a Star Brite product that is similar?

Replies

• BillatstarbriteBillatstarbrite Posts: 510 Officer
    Yes: Star brite Nonskid Deck Cleaner with PTEF

In addition to textured decks, it is also very good for cleaning vinyl, smooth (non-textured) f/g, and even canvas. The chelating agents break the bond between the grime and the surface being cleaned, so it works without as much heavy scrubbing & cussing.

You don't need to towel-dry the deck afterwards either (yes, another product actually says to do this - no thanks)

Do a search and you can see what the other guys here on FS say about it.
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,812 Captain
    My opinion is that Starbrite deck cleaner has some cleaning capabilities, but as an LSP, Woodies Wax is better.
    Woodies is a hybrid, that is, a blend of natural carnauba and synthetic sealers.

I'm not saying that Starbrite Deck cleaner is a bad product.
    I'm just saying that there is no "miracle" one step deck
    cleaning and protectant on the market.
    There is no such thing as a "miracle" one step deck cleaning and protectant.
    Although a lot of guys here swear by tidy bowl and pool acid...

Use what makes you happy.
    There is no such thing as a "miracle" one step deck cleaning and protectant.
    Although a lot of guys here swear by tidy bowl and pool acid...

Use what makes you happy.

Well tidy bowl may be a great deck "cleaner" but it has no "protection" or LSP capabilities.

So once again all I'm saying is ...........no magic "one Step" product on the market, PTEF or not.
    And I am agreeing with you, again.
  • tunamantunaman Posts: 3,731 Captain
    I bought Starbright clener wax today as per Bills suggestion. The guy at the tore said he liked woodys better, maybe. Then I saw the price, $42.00 a pint!!! ....I bought the Starbright. Jmo
    Woodys has the best looking cans. But we make our bottles at our plant in Alabama, which controls quality and helps keep the cost down. That and as I keep saying, we use our own products on our own boats so they HAVE to work better or the boss is on the phone to the chemist at the plant ripping him a new one.
  • Dream RealityDream Reality Posts: 893 Officer
    I use both. If there is a stubborn stain after a regular wash, I'll spritz the SB deck cleaner on the stain, let it soak, scrub a bit and its gone. Then I woody the whole deck. Woody makes clean up quick. Without woody, theirs more scrubbing.

Woody doesn't clean off stains. So they are two products used for two different purposes. One cleans, the other helps keep it clean.

The high price tag of WW sucks but I've had the same bottle of WW for 1.5 years and its nearly full still. I use it for EVERYTHING above the rub rail. A little bit goes a long long way.

I use both, and both are great!
    Woodys has the best looking cans..
    Yes , Woodies is painfully expensive even in bulk. But good looking cans and all ......it's still a good product.

Woody doesn't clean off stains.

It's not meant to , it's a protectant or LSP.
  • Dream RealityDream Reality Posts: 893 Officer
    MACD wrote: »
    It's not meant to , it's a protectant or LSP.

That was my point. :wink