Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

Florida Guides Association

Folks I wanted to share with all of you, both guide, and recreational anglers that I am honored to of been asked to be the Secretary/treasurer for the association. I would like to invite all of you to take a look at the website sometime and see who we are and what we are about.
http://www.florida-guides.com
We are the largest association of guides in the state, and what most folks don't realize is we also have non guides as very welcome associate members. If your a guide, take a look and consider joining. To be a guide member you must have a Florida Charter License, and you must carry insurance. But the savings in your insurance rates and getting you and your business out for folks to see is worth it alone. If your a recreational angler, consider joining as an associate. I have been tasked to work on this side of things to make it the best it can be. Look for discounts on products from sponsors, FGA gear, and also discounted charters from our captains through out the state to be coming shortly. And if you have ideas that would make the Florida Guides Association better, by all means please share them with me. And of course anything I can help with please get in touch.
Capt Charlie
http://hopefishing.comFishing the Florida Everglades National Park with Hope Fishing Adventures.

Replies

• FishinMcNutFishinMcNut Posts: 536 Officer
    Excellent post!
    As a recreational angler I appreciate FGA's resource conservation efforts centered around wise use supported by science, not politics! Have seen them at every FWC Commission meeting over the years. They are well known for denouncing the commissioners move (last couple of years) toward political decisions. Wish I had a dollar for every time a FGA rep has said "you have the best fisheries research scientist in the world. Why don't you listen to them?" BINGO!
  • Pucker FactorPucker Factor Posts: 875 Officer
    Captain Charlie, thanks for your service!! Challenging seas ahead.
  • gmc2500gmc2500 Posts: 30 Greenhorn
    First of all i wanted to say what an amazing restoration you had done with the pro line! Hats off to all the guys who worked hard to get it where it is today, hope that you are enjoying it! I am also a guide in the 10k and ENP so i will definitely consider joining the FGA and glad to see hardworking folks at the head of the table! In this day and age it is very important for both recreational anglers and guides to voice opinions to save what we love so much and the security of the future as well! Thanks and good luck with your journey!
  • blewitupsirblewitupsir Posts: 774 Officer
    gmc2500 wrote: »
    First of all i wanted to say what an amazing restoration you had done with the pro line! Hats off to all the guys who worked hard to get it where it is today, hope that you are enjoying it! I am also a guide in the 10k and ENP so i will definitely consider joining the FGA and glad to see hardworking folks at the head of the table! In this day and age it is very important for both recreational anglers and guides to voice opinions to save what we love so much and the security of the future as well! Thanks and good luck with your journey!

Thank you for the kind words on our Proline, she turned out way better than I ever figured when we started the build. And I love the boat, not perfect, but I love running that boat more than any other I had.

I hope you will consider joining the FGA. One thing that's hard, is that we are all independent small business owners as guides and captains in the association. And we, by nature are proud, self suffcient folks who do things our on way and make our own paths in this world. I learned quite recently during the ENP plan meetings that while I can speak my mind at the meetings, what I have to say in no way has the power as the voice of an association with hundreds of guide and recreational members. Something to think about. Please feel free to give me a shout anytime, glad to meet for a beverage one afternoon and chat with yourself or anyone about the FGA, fishing or the worlds problems. Take care
    http://hopefishing.comFishing the Florida Everglades National Park with Hope Fishing Adventures.