Suggestions on crossing back from Abacos

xavierqxavierq Posts: 7 Greenhorn
I'm at Treasure Cay and will be leaving back to SLI either this Monday or Tuesday (weather depending).
Should I or would it make sense to spend the night before crossing somewhere in West End? OBB is booked so any other suggestions would be appreciated. Have a CC so I have to stay in a hotel.
Will be running a CC 29' cruising at 25kts (if the waves allow me).
Please advise.
Thanks to all.

Replies

• CdidCdid Posts: 35 Deckhand
    xavierq wrote: »
    I'm at Treasure Cay and will be leaving back to SLI either this Monday or Tuesday (weather depending).
    Should I or would it make sense to spend the night before crossing somewhere in West End? OBB is booked so any other suggestions would be appreciated. Have a CC so I have to stay in a hotel.
    Will be running a CC 29' cruising at 25kts (if the waves allow me).
    Please advise.
    Thanks to all.

Well there is some kind of trop depression. So sooner you can get back the better. It's not super close yet. Tuesday you'll probably be fine. Blue marlin cove is approx 3 miles south of OBB. usually has openings during the week!

Safe travels!
  • Bite N HoldBite N Hold Posts: 1,328 Officer
    Should be no issue at all to make the trip home. We did it to and from Guana which is right across the Sea from Treasure. It took 6 hours door to door doing about 32. If you wanted to you could always stay at WE.
    FOR SALE-Old Homosassa Vacation Rental
    http://www.vrbo.com/105186

"No matter the size of the fish, you can only put a bite size peice in your mouth."
  • oldtimeroldtimer Posts: 509 Officer
    Should be no issue at all to make the trip home. We did it to and from Guana which is right across the Sea from Treasure. It took 6 hours door to door doing about 32. If you wanted to you could always stay at WE.

Good advice from Bite N Hold.

Have done that run several times back to Stuart in that timeframe , including some break stops , and of
    course in conditions you are comfortable with.