Headed South.......????? Maybe........

sapelosonsapeloson Posts: 32 Deckhand
We have been flying our Cessna 182 to the Bahamas for years. Lately I've starting thinkin' about a new trip...I'm planning a Fish/Fly adventure for next January to leave from Key West , fly to Cancun for fuel then on to Belize to fish for a few days. Then hit Nicaragua, Costa Rica and maybe even as far as Panama......We have been fishing out of Los Suenos for the last few years so we know what to do there. But, I don't know anything about Belize or Nicaragua.....Any ideas on "must stop" spots along the way..... looking for "outta the way" places....Need names and numbers if possible.....
Thanks, Tim

Replies

• biminibradbiminibrad Posts: 373 Deckhand
    My insurance will not cover any flights in Mexico, period. Might want to check that.
  • sapelosonsapeloson Posts: 32 Deckhand
    Thanks for the heads up Brad, already checked. I will have to change companies but, AOPA will still be my carrier. Only $300 more per year....Also, I have gotten a lot of help from Caribbean Sky Tours.... The fly'in part of my planning is well on it's way. Now, I just need to know where to land..... :)
  • FWCSnookFWCSnook Posts: 886 Officer
    That sounds like a great trip! Bring spare parts. And figure out how to lock your fuel drains/caps.
  • sapelosonsapeloson Posts: 32 Deckhand
    FWCSnook wrote: »
    That sounds like a great trip! Bring spare parts. And figure out how to lock your fuel drains/caps.

Thanks! I am having trouble finding locking gas caps but, I hadn't even thought about the drains.....