3 Hour Customs Wait in Bimini?

We are heading over tomorrow, but I just talked to someone at BGC and they said three hours to clear today? Something about all the custom officers being sent to the cruise ship to accelerate that clearing.

If that's the case, I am heading to Bimini for my very last trip!!

If anyone has any other direct info we appreciate it!

Replies

• CompleatCompleat Posts: 2,774 Captain
    It was a little jammed but nothing like that. 20-30 mins maybe during a heavy rush. Cruise ship having processing issues but separate staffs for that. Most I saw today were in and out in ten minutes but there was an onslaught early afternoon. Wife was delayed 20 mins getting out. I brought immigration guys some fish today about 3:30 and I was only one there...

Boats have been steady stream all day and still coming in. Wish the ones that decide to just park in slip next to me would learn how to drive. Been here for months and no issue til a 35 contender last week nailed me, then a 31 yesterday left a smudge. Today I was ready to snap off a shoe on some clown bringing a wide beam in and put a good crush on my inflatable. Then when he moved he took somebody elses slip and their lines. Dock staff yelled at him and the guy was like "F*** Y**!" definitely a BB type!
  • biminibradbiminibrad Posts: 373 Deckhand
    A BB type? You have definitely been there long enough to absorb the different cultures.
    There are crossovers all the time... We get our share here and I know Sands does as well. For that matter I do see quite a few real good people up the road. I guess I shouldn't stereotype... But its easier... :)
  • IdlewildeIdlewilde Posts: 1,357 Officer
    deleted
    A large portion of the guests up at Bimini Bay are arrogant to the point of thinking rules of common courtesy do not apply to them. Not all but enough of a number that its kind of a running saying that they are "BB" types... Not all up there are that way but a large enough percentage that the stereotype does come into play.
    They feel its ok to damage property and just take things that don't belong to them because they forgot to bring their own. No respect for others what so ever.
  • Lucky Hook IILucky Hook II Posts: 476 Deckhand
    We are heading over tomorrow, but I just talked to someone at BGC and they said three hours to clear today? Something about all the custom officers being sent to the cruise ship to accelerate that clearing.

If that's the case, I am heading to Bimini for my very last trip!!

If anyone has any other direct info we appreciate it!

It took us approximately 3 hours last Thursday morning.
    Capt. Jorge Fernandez
    www.luckyhookcharters.com
  • Ron@.38 Special[email protected] Special Posts: 6,854 Admiral
    We lucked out, one thing for sure, get there before the big red boat, customs left short when the team goes aboard to clear passengers. I walked into customs at BGC and was out in 5 minutes, walked to Immigration and the young lady who was at sands last week pulled me in front of two BB boast with 15 passports each! Thanks there sweaty! Total time clearing about 15 minutes, including the walk!

Rather be lucky than good!
  • Ron@.38 Special[email protected] Special Posts: 6,854 Admiral
    Oh, one other point, someone local on the docks is going to beat that ferry captains butt for waking BGC! I was tied between piling an OK, but other boat got bashed pretty good into the seawall. If I hadn't been tied up and plugged in to shorepower I might have chased him down.