Removing mold from TT canvas

snapperwhippersnapperwhipper Posts: 111 Deckhand
My T top canvas has MAJOR mold on it so I was thinking about removing it and tossing in the washing machine,but then I thought why not ask other forum members what they thought and should I add any thing other than laundry soap sooooo what do you folks think good idea/bad idea?
and remember when all else fails "jiggle that wire"
Thanks in advance Mike
When all else fails...jiggle that wire:\

Replies

• idlerickidlerick Posts: 229 Deckhand
    Bleach will kill it, but in my experience completely removing mold is like stopping rust - you jut can't get there without removing the parent material.
    :)
  • 9-Lives9-Lives Posts: 2,123 Captain
    DON'T USE BLEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bleach will destroy the stitching!
    marlin_baitball.gif
  • interminglerintermingler Posts: 686 Officer
    I make a gal of the following formula. 1/4 water 1/4 ammonia 1/2 Simple Green. If it is weak add more ammonia.
  • snapperwhippersnapperwhipper Posts: 111 Deckhand
    OK but what about the washing machine part,it has to be relaced anyway?
    When all else fails...jiggle that wire:\
  • Accurate TwrsAccurate Twrs Posts: 1,992 Officer
    Guys... just unlace it and throw it in your pool... the next day mold is gone... rinse in fresh water/w a little soap and water...
    And it's ready to tie on again... WALLAH...!!! New Canvas. or it looks new any way..
    Well... I didn't vote for him, So it must have been you... Thanks a lot A$$-hole..
  • spodabfishinspodabfishin Posts: 429 Deckhand
    303 makes the "Sunbrella" cleaner & retreat with the 303 fabric guard for waterproofing
    SV2100
  • BillatstarbriteBillatstarbrite Posts: 522 Officer
    +1 on No Bleach!! It will remove the mold, but it will most likely damage the thread holding the fabric together. It can also damage the fabric by weakening it.