Pompano Kings 15lb & 18lb

meckertmeckert Posts: 76 Deckhand
Went off Pompano on Thursday and the conditions were perfect. Got out to 120 and my gog gets hit hard. After a 20min or so battle I pulled up a nice 15lb King once I got him in the bag I looked up and noticed I drfited about 1.5miles north. The current was ripping!!!. I made one more drift where I got another nice King on a gog in about 130. Alot of fish to be caught out there right now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• Poseidon10/31Poseidon10/31 Posts: 936 Officer
    Nice fish. I was the current was more predictable and not so fast on the days the sea is calm. I heard a lot of people saying the kings were biting, your post proves it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CookinmanCookinman Posts: 880 Officer
    Nice work !
  • blazing_reelsblazing_reels Posts: 587 Officer
    good job
  • HookedHooked Posts: 391 Officer
    Those are some sweet kings:fishing
  • kayakfrankkayakfrank Posts: 791 Officer
    Nice smokers meckert. Looks like gogs are the way to go for those bad boys. Can you explain your terminal tackle if possible? I know it probably was on a stinger rig right? Nicely done.
    Fish Hard...Or Don't Fish At All.
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,294 Moderator
    nice catch!
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • Hobie AnglerHobie Angler Posts: 320 Deckhand
    Nice Kings.... Haven't done that since I left Jupiter years ago. Need to get back down there
  • meckertmeckert Posts: 76 Deckhand
    16in Stinger rig #5 wire. I tie the rig right to the main line (300 yards of 30lb braid)... never had any issue with that. Had Sails and Tuna hit the same setup. No Wahoo's yet tho... maybe thats why? not sure
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DevodudDevodud Posts: 355 Deckhand
    meckert wrote: »
    16in Stinger rig #5 wire. I tie the rig right to the main line (300 yards of 30lb braid)... never had any issue with that. Had Sails and Tuna hit the same setup. No Wahoo's yet tho... maybe thats why? not sure

I would say tuna are probably more line shy than wahoo, but I'm far from an expert.
    "If you're gunna be stupid, you gotta be tough"