Caught some MERMAIDS Capt.Rios

Went out fishing Tuesday morning over Tierra Verde. I've been babysitting a school of Redfish for the past 2 weeks. Caught a few until the Mermaids showed up. They would not leave the boat. What an Amazing animal. Here is a video of the Amazing Mermaids

http://youtu.be/LnjqwCqU7Yc

.[video=youtube_share;LnjqwCqU7Yc]

Replies

• spanishsardinespanishsardine Posts: 59 Deckhand
    Sorry, the video was not working but is all up and running.
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,057 AG
    Looks okay to me. :shrug

[video=youtube_share;LnjqwCqU7Yc]

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,931 Admiral
    They are very curious critters, I grew up on Merritt Island and used to fish in my jon boat and hang my feet over. I actually had one nibbling on my toes and it scared the living mess out of me at first until I actually saw what it was, they are playfull to boot.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• spanishsardinespanishsardine Posts: 59 Deckhand
  • tokinredtokinred Posts: 202 Officer
    Fantastic!!!! Great post. Every day on the water provides an opportunity to have an amazing exerpience---just like you did.
  • barrynflabarrynfla Posts: 592 Officer
    The last time I went wade fishing in TB I had a manatee seem to follow me around wherever I went. It just seemed like it wanted to be around me. Probably just my imagination but they sure are amazing animals.
  • crrazychickencrrazychicken Posts: 43 Deckhand
    Flip your rod over and rub scratch him with the non-guide side, they kinda roll over like a dog, it must feel good getting some of the growth off. I had a guy on the shore opposite the Ft Desoto boat ramp follow me around bumming scratches until we headded out of the area 3 weeks ago
    Scott
    Tampa Carollwood area
    Carolina Skiff 198 DLV Elite
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,843 Captain
    great high quality video! thanks for sharing!
  • PopeyePopeye Posts: 14,296 Officer
    This is why I get pizzed of when people blow thru the manatee zones. They are helpless.
    When I was younger, I could remember anything...

whether it had happened or not.

Mark Twain
  • Mango TangoMango Tango Posts: 2,019 Captain
    Manatees are awesome creatures. If those in the video could speak, they would be saying "Hey man, how about some fresh water, you got any?" lol

not only have they associated man with a good chin rub, but they like to beg for FW.