Help me catch dinner!

rvadogrvadog Posts: 831 Officer
I live in Miramar in broward. I do a lot of bass fishing but have no experience with saltwater except from party boats. I have a spinning rod with 15lb line but could pick up another pole if need be. Where should I go and how should I fish? Thanks!

Replies

• KinjaKinja Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    I am sort of in the same boat. I just bought a Penn combo from Bass Pro Shops which seems pretty decent - Penn Fierce 5000 reel and rod for $89.00. I could have gotten the Fierce 6000 for the same price, which is a larger reel and perhaps better suited for surf fishing, but I intend to do some inshore kayak fishing as well and figured the 5000 was a good choice for both kayak and surf. Dania Beach, just north of the Pier at the end of Dania Beach Blvd seems to have good reports as far as surf fishing goes. I went there this evening but the rain chased me away. I got in a few casts though, which was my first attempt at surf fishing.

As far as how you should fish, I will leave that for those with more experience.
  • GrillaGGrillaG Posts: 1,259 Officer
    fresh dead shrimp fished on the bottom will catch just about anything in the ocean anywhere