Home Navionics

First look...Navionics SonarCharts

DixonDixon Posts: 56 Deckhand
Make sure you check it out. Viewable in the fish/fish n chip layer of Platinum products on capable plotters. More info here: http://www.navionics.com/sonarcharts

Keysgoldwithdynamiciconsturnedon_zps3f60d986.png
SonarCharts
4keysSonarChartson_zps764789f5.png

Replies

• DixonDixon Posts: 56 Deckhand
    A little example of us recording an area where we previously had no charting. This is up on the NE end of Lake ALLATOONA in GA.

Regular
    allatoona1_zpsf0626504.jpg

SonarCharts after about 80 minutes of running around recording
    allatoona2_zps05315930.jpg

(Those shots are taken from the http://www.navionics.com/webapp which now has the ability to view SonarCharts by using the button at lower left)

And for good measure, the massive bass I caught
    allaf_zps9da8e5bf.png
  • GeorgePGeorgeP Posts: 59 Greenhorn
    Question, is there anyway to view the Sonar Charts in the Navionics Desktop App? I have the 632P+ chip, have viewed these charts on the Humminbird 898C. They showed things I never knew existed, but I would like to be able to use the desktop app to make plans for a trip. The Web App is missing a few features such as the ability to mark and save spots and determine the exact location of a certain spot you have discovered by these wonderful charts.
  • DixonDixon Posts: 56 Deckhand
    The Web App will have functionality added to it later this year that will allow you to log into a user account and manage data such as waypoints...as well as sync to your mobile apps.
    But not yet.

The Web App does have a SonarCharts button at lower left that allows you to view that layer at your leisure from your home computer.
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    Do we just update the chart to get it? I sent my data for the local recording of my data but nothing back yet for raymarine.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • GeorgePGeorgeP Posts: 59 Greenhorn
    Don't know what unit you use, but on my H'bird 898, I downloaded freshest data, the set my charts to Fish'n Chip and ---- Oh My!

Navionics instructions for all units are here.
    http://www.navionics.com/sites/www.navionics.com/files/documents/How%20to%20select%20the%20SonarCharts%E2%84%A2%20layer_EN.pdf