MARKERS 18-19 & HELL'S GATE

THINKICANTHINKICAN Homosassa, FLPosts: 411 Deckhand
Anyone have an idea when these markers might be replaced? People are consistently missing the 19-20 turn and those at Hell's Gate seem to move around quite a bit. Would think the accident last weekend
would light a fire under someone!
SO WHEN IS THIS "OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER" SUPPOSED TO KICK IN?

Replies

• troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Officer
    I think you mean 19 and 20 and yes they are very easy to miss! I am not positive but I believe 18 is the last iron marker before the cans heading east. I like where the hells gate markers are right now but as you stated they will be somewhere else soon.
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber
  • THINKICANTHINKICAN Homosassa, FLPosts: 411 Deckhand
    troutman57 wrote: »
    I think you mean 19 and 20 and yes they are very easy to miss! I am not positive but I believe 18 is the last iron marker before the cans heading east. I like where the hells gate markers are right now but as you stated they will be somewhere else soon.

Quite right! I knew what I meant to say but said what I didn't mean!! (You figure that one out) Isn't it the Coast Guard that is supposed to maintain the markers? After last week's tragedy will they replace the cans to
    help avoid another one? Just asking!
    SO WHEN IS THIS "OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER" SUPPOSED TO KICK IN?
  • troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Officer
    I know it is the coast guard that i have seen placing the ones at hells gate and a few others. From what I hear it is a funding issue that keeps them from replacing the missing and damaged iron markers. Maybe askthe law forum might be a good place to get the skinny.
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber