Country Roads- join in

gordoncgordonc Posts: 28 Greenhorn
Scenic trip down 31 S past Babcock Ranch last week. The cattle were very skittish when I exited the car but this cow was just curious enough. Going back- lots of waders & cranes in range too. Cattle can be very expressive & they're keeping several varities out there. For this shot off hand I prioritized Speed at 1/320th at 300mm then chose a full 1 stop negative exposure value adjustment at f10 . Gordon.
i-gt4T2RN-M.jpg

Replies

• Gator_WaderGator_Wader Posts: 62 Deckhand
    Nice. I love bovine pics, when they're interacting with photographer...
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    Not bovine and not FL. MO Ozarks, south and west of Branson, last autumn.

EAZtZl.jpg
  • mississippi macmississippi mac Posts: 4,222 Captain
    this used to be a county road....
    you had to drive under the falls as that was where the road was...which was pretty much a single lane with places to pull over and let oncoming traffic pass....
    this would be back in the 70's....

PICT0062.jpg

Dave will recognize this place in a heart beat an i'm sure others will as well...

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • Big JohnBig John Posts: 577 Officer
    is that in North Carolina, i think by the highlands?
    Big John wrote: »
    is that in North Carolina, i think by the highlands?

the old road up to highlands...bridal veil falls....
    the old road was narow as hell...and you had to drive under under the falls....
    that was back in the 70's....
    it's state highway 28 now but back then it was a county road...

tim

i have some old prints, and slides of that area...

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

#12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,167 AG
    the old road up to highlands...bridal veil falls....
    the old road was narow as hell...and you had to drive under under the falls....
    that was back in the 70's....
    it's state highway 28 now but back then it was a county road...

tim

i have some old prints, and slides of that area...

tim

Barely a trickle over it the last time we drove by and no, you cannot drive under it now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    this used to be a county road....
    you had to drive under the falls as that was where the road was...which was pretty much a single lane with places to pull over and let oncoming traffic pass....
    this would be back in the 70's....

PICT0062.jpg

Dave will recognize this place in a heart beat an i'm sure others will as well...

tim

Awesome photo Mac :applause
  • GrillaGGrillaG Posts: 1,260 Officer
    road thru a tree farm

IMG_0693.jpg
  • redsgurlredsgurl Posts: 469 Deckhand
    _pregamma_1_mantiuk06_contrast_mapping_0161_saturation_factor_08_detail_factor_2.jpg

One of my favorite travelin roads.
    Nice to see everyone.
    Love the thread

Suz
    Suz

Capybara's are vicious and should not be let alone with small children. In-laws are another matter.............
  • Gator_WaderGator_Wader Posts: 62 Deckhand
    What pretty pics. I can't wait for Florida fall to arrive so we have some pretty scenes again...
  • Aft_BackwardsAft_Backwards Posts: 243 Officer
    redsgurl wrote: »
    _pregamma_1_mantiuk06_contrast_mapping_0161_saturation_factor_08_detail_factor_2.jpg

Nice to see everyone.
    Love the thread

Suz
    Love this pic. Where is it?
    thank you..... This is in Alabama, north west of Montgomery. This is a segment of a 5 or 6 mile trek to the house once you get off the hard road. It looks kinda peaceful in this image, but you better have 4x4 when it rains or gets slushy
    Suz

Capybara's are vicious and should not be let alone with small children. In-laws are another matter.............
  • GrillaGGrillaG Posts: 1,260 Officer
    Coyote road..........lol

IMG_3434.jpg
  • ruskinredneckruskinredneck Posts: 1,121 Officer
    Smuteye, Alabama. Notice the "Get Dillinger" hand-painted doors...

Nice to see everyone.
    Love the thread

Suz

Suz, you hammered that image pretty hard with the HDR, didn't cha?
    i wouldnt say hammer........ I did do some hdr editing. I like it the way it is. if you dont like it, thats cool.
    Suz

• WB DrifterWB Drifter Posts: 194 Deckhand

This is a low overhead approach to giving a string of batch edits from a Saturday morning bike ride some local context ...

Link to Google Map for geotagged bike ride shots ...
    Click ==> vptm.gif

(It helps to zoom in on the map to spread out the picture links.)

Components
    Nikon D80
    Tamron 18-250
    Garmin GPSMAP60
    a website
    a Google account
    Google Maps
    GPicSync ( http://code.google.com/p/gpicsync ).
    Hey Suz....
    Glad you're back...
    i always liked your work....

your image is really good and the hdr is just enough to add some spice to it...
    it would have been good even without the hdr...
    most people seem to "over cook" their hdr images...you nailed this one...

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

#12976, joined 8-17-2002
    Suz, you hammered that image pretty hard with the HDR, didn't cha?

Ya, then I'm cool cuz me no likey.......but that is just me I guess........
    Appreciate the candor. I realize not everyone likes everything everyone does. Sorry I posted something you dont like. I probably will again. But that's just me. I will try to pay attention to the images you post so I can learn what is acceptable.
    Suz

Hey Suz....
    Glad you're back...

tim

Tim! Hi ya. Thank you.... I missed y'all. Love the stuff you've posted, the birds are my favorites so far, but I havent had time to go through all the images. I see things have changed around here. "grinnin" Glad I missed the debut of the new format. Put some stuff up; I've missed your work :full
    Suz

• ChuckcChuckc Posts: 4,398 Captain
    Momma always said, if you don't have anything good to say just keep your mouth closed. Glad to see you Redsgurl, even with your horribly overprocessed images. Sarcasm intended :)
    Hi Chuck! I'm glad to see you too. :) Been a while. Hope things are going well for you. I will make a dutiful vow to you that I will TRY to refrain from over-the-top images in the future.

Suz

Hi Chuck! I'm glad to see you too. :) Been a while. Hope things are going well for you. I will make a dutiful vow to you that I will TRY to refrain from over-the-top images in the future.

:Spittingcoffee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

#12976, joined 8-17-2002
    BadBranchRDFSshot.jpg

Bad Branch Road
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
    Flash, that looks like a nice quiet place to spend some time.....

I wonder if I will EVER live on a paved road.................. ?

[URL="[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/redsgurl/239.gif[/IMG]"]239.gif[/URL]
    Suz

Dave...Suz....
    nice images...i haven't been able to see your image until today because our IT weenies in their infinite wizdom have blocked photo bucket images (personal thing i have with the IT dept head...imagine that...lol)...
    haven't had time to jump on in the evening at home either....
    i remember having old country roads like that literally in town back in the 60's and 70's....paradise has turned into a parking lot.....

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

#12976, joined 8-17-2002
    Dave...Suz....
    nice images...i haven't been able to see your image until today because our IT weenies in their infinite wizdom have blocked photo bucket images (personal thing i have with the IT dept head...imagine that...lol)...
    haven't had time to jump on in the evening at home either....
    i remember having old country roads like that literally in town back in the 60's and 70's....paradise has turned into a parking lot.....

tim

I would think your local country roads might be getting a bit muddy by now Mac?? Everything alright up there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dave....
    it's raining like hell, and some serious squalls with gust in the upper 30kt range...
    forecast inhales for the next few days....
    i'm getting some images pp'd that i haven't had time to get to.

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

#12976, joined 8-17-2002