things 2 do for 12 year old?

hey guys im going back to the old wooden bridge fish camp and bringing my daughter for 3 days and dont want to bore her to death.i do have a half day charter to fish but that leaves me alot of time to keep busy,anything helps at this point.

Replies

• HooganHoogan Posts: 547 Officer
    Fishing off one of the bridges at sunset (cooler temp. )
  • mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
    bocapup1 wrote: »
    hey guys im going back to the old wooden bridge fish camp and bringing my daughter for 3 days and dont want to bore her to death.i do have a half day charter to fish but that leaves me alot of time to keep busy,anything helps at this point.

There will be other kids there and she will probably tell you to get lost and go fishing:wink 13 years old daughters are far more interested in 15 year old boys than dad! That being said snorkeling is always a great way to spend time with your kids. Mallory Sunset celebration is a great treat, look for the Frenchman and his trained cats, great show! You are already close to kids favorite food-PIZZA at no name pub. Catch and release Shark fishing is a thrilling experience for kids of all ages, including 65 year old kids like me! Para-sailing is another memorable thing to try, check out summerland key airport. Nature photography, bring a camera to capture the exotic birds and Key Deer that will come right up to you and take an illegal treat right out of your hand(remember feeding deer is unlawful). Kayaking or paddle boarding are gaining popularity. Bring a rod along! Most importantly simply have fun.
  • mikeloewmikeloew Posts: 340 Deckhand
    She may also enjoy the turtle hospital, swimming with the dolphins, feeding the tarpon at Robbie's, checking out the wild life at the blue hole on Big Pine, there are a few alligators there that come right up to the platform. Or maybe a scenic airplane or helicopter ride at the Marathon airport.
    Marathon vacation home for rent

http://www.floridakeyshomeforrent.com/
  • mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
    mikeloew wrote: »
    She may also enjoy the turtle hospital, swimming with the dolphins, feeding the tarpon at Robbie's, checking out the wild life at the blue hole on Big Pine, there are a few alligators there that come right up to the platform. Or maybe a scenic airplane or helicopter ride at the Marathon airport.

ALLIGATORS? Are you sure they are not endangered Salt Water Crocodiles? I’d surely go get some pics of those myself ;)
    There is also Mote Marine Lab on Summerland, they do good work.
  • sparse greysparse grey Posts: 1,751 Captain
    Lots of good advise. I'll just add, The children's program at Vineyard Community Church, Big Pine, is very popular with teens & plenty there for you also. www.keysvineyard.com

Do enjoy your stay. & don't feed the Key Deer. :-)
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.
  • dive4fooddive4food Posts: 64 Greenhorn
    The jumping bridge on Summerland is always a hoot, bicycling up to no name pub for pizza and make the road trip to feed the tarpons at Robbie's. Should be fun!
  • The Bug ShackThe Bug Shack Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    The Butterfly conservatory in Keys West was a huge hit for my entire family (16,14,11,baby and 2 adults). It's inexpensive and amazing. Honestly, I thought it would be lame but I went for the kids, so glad i did.
    Frank
    The Bug Shack
    www.vrbo.com/286011
  • Egrets LandingEgrets Landing Posts: 949 Officer
    There are plenty of attractions in Key West like the Aquarium, conch train, and Hemmingway house and the Sunset festivities at the pier in KW.
    Also you could drive up to Islamorada to Theatre of the Sea or go to Marathon Dolphin Research Center and the Turtle Hospital. Keep her away from the Boy Scout camp on Summerland.
  • mprudemprude Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    Depends on the girl I guess. I deal with an 11 year old girl, unfortunately. Just south of the Bahia Honda bridge, ocean side, is what we call sea urchin spot. Just east of Long Key State Park is Sea Biscuit spot. My daughter loves all things ocean so its pretty easy to find things in the keys that make her happy. Of course, she likes to spend money too, so a trip to key west for some kinos will always do the trick.
  • mikeloewmikeloew Posts: 340 Deckhand
    mtd885 wrote: »
    ALLIGATORS? Are you sure they are not endangered Salt Water Crocodiles? I’d surely go get some pics of those myself ;)
    There is also Mote Marine Lab on Summerland, they do good work.

No they are gators, not crocs. I am sure of that.
    Marathon vacation home for rent

http://www.floridakeyshomeforrent.com/
  • bocapup1bocapup1 Posts: 951 Officer
    thanks to all for the great ideas!i think we should keep busy other than fishing the whole time :)