Early supper

CalusaCalusa Posts: 11,881 Officer
I pan seared some red grouper my buddy caught last week in the Gulf. Cooked some grits, made a spinach salad (raspberry vinaigrette), and toasted some French bread topped with real butter.

Pictures? You kiddin? Ain't time for photos when the fish is sizzlin on the plate.

MMMMmmmmmmmm! :)
FS Forum member since January 4, 2003
Member #12478
Not a Jew

Replies

• Hickory DogHickory Dog Posts: 5,047 Officer
    I have a wild turkey breast brining that I am going to roast with an herb crust, some pilaf, whatever vegetable the wife shows up with and whatever ice cream she brings home.
  • hatcityhatcity Posts: 3,098 Captain
    two poke butts almost ready now. Corn bread in a cast iron skillet. Home made BBq sauce. naner pudding to finish
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
  • GarboGarbo Posts: 1,262 Officer
    dang.
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,379 Admiral
    I just threw some wings on the Egg to cook. Habenero sauce here I come!
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer
    I'm eating popeye's chicken and a cup of bacon grease.
  • hooknlinehooknline Posts: 5,324 Admiral
    2 tbones and one platter size (15") sirloin just came off the grill. Green beans on the side. All gmo
    If I say something that offends you, please let me know so I can say it again later

1322773200_30_1_USD_3.50_default.png
  • kodiakzachkodiakzach Posts: 6,078 Admiral
    I had some pork ribs, green beans, BBQ beans, and garlic bread with some unsweetened ice tea
  • SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain
    im finna whoop up some cheng-fu chicken :grin
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,075 AG
    What did you add to the Grouper, Lusa?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,554 Moderator
    Taco's with ground venison
    Taco's with ground venison

nice - I have been taking the front leg of a deer right out of the freezer and throwing it on a hot grill til it is nice and browned then purée a big onion and a tomato with whatever messican spices you like throw the leg in some foil, pour the onion mix over it wrap it up and back on the grill on the cool side with the lid closed for 2.5 hours

The bones just pull right out then chop it up for tacos.
  • needsalth2oneedsalth2o Posts: 353 Officer
    Chorizo bacon cheeseburgers!
  • CalusaCalusa Posts: 11,881 Officer
    Mango Man wrote: »
    What did you add to the Grouper, Lusa?

Only salt & pepper. Then seared in a little olive oil. Delicious!
    Member #12478
    Not a Jew
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,075 AG
    Calusa wrote: »
    Only salt & pepper. Then seared in a little olive oil. Delicious!

No doubt! I like doing it Francaise style.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • CalusaCalusa Posts: 11,881 Officer
    I didn't have ingredients to do anything special, but yeah a good sauce would have been great.
    Member #12478
    Not a Jew
  • seapieseapie Posts: 24 Greenhorn
    Weight watchers
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,444 AG
    I have a wild turkey breast brining that I am going to roast with an herb crust, some pilaf, whatever vegetable the wife shows up with and whatever ice cream she brings home.

I've two pairs of gobbler breasts in the freezer myself. I'm gonna try soaking them in milk and frying them later in the year. Had them that way during a hunting weekend this season and they were AWESOME.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I think they are my favorite game to eat - I fried the " tenderloins" or whatever you call them from this one in batter then rolled in panko breadcrumbs and they were awesome.
  • mad dog bitemad dog bite Posts: 423 Officer
    We're having some backstrap from a deer my son in law poached last week on a reservation,fresh collards home grown pole beans,jalepeno corn bread in grandmas cast iron stew pot washed down with sun tea... Oh yeah and fresh apple pie my wife made yesterday... Umm umm good
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 10,198 AG
    carved a couple of steaks off this, grilled with yellow squash and feta stuffed maters.

Everglades seasoning and evoo were the condiments.
    003.jpg 95.6K
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,379 Admiral
    Coldair, those look really good, but dang have wings gotten expensive!
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway