Need older garmin data card

ccmccm Posts: 7 Greenhorn
Hey guys,
I have a Garmin 192C gps that is beginning to show signs of dying and I need to copy my tracks and waypoints while unit still has some life left in it. I called Garmin and naturally they don't make that card any longer. I have spent hours looking on the web for either a Garmin card or an after market card that will work in my Garmin gps. Have had zero luck.

Now I am at the point of almost begging for someone to help me locate a data card that will fit my gps. Size doesn't matter since the data does not take up a lot of room on a card. If anyone has a card that will fit my gps I would really like to either buy or borrow it. Once I get the data onto my PC I won't need the card any longer.

Thanks so much for your help.

Charlie

Replies

• FS DanFS Dan Posts: 2,353 Moderator
    size does matter, the software on those units will only address a 256k or smaller card. there is some good info on garmins site regarding the old cards and their software.

CMD
    Formerly Catmandew
  • Kevinwwings2Kevinwwings2 Posts: 1,273 Officer
    Could do it the old fashioned way. Pencil and paper...
  • ccmccm Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Catmandew wrote: »
    size does matter, the software on those units will only address a 256k or smaller card. there is some good info on garmins site regarding the old cards and their software.

CMD

CMD,
    You are absolutely right. I did not explain my need as well as I should have. I should have said any size 256k or lower.

Thanks for taking time to correct my error.

Charlie
    Could do it the old fashioned way. Pencil and paper...

I thought about doing it manually but decided real quick that there had to be a better way. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Charlie
    Catmandew wrote: »

CMD

Catmandew,
    Thanks for the reply to my post. In your reply you had indicated that there was lots of good information, about data cards, on the Garmin site. Try as I may, I am unable to find that information. Can you give me a little help, in finding that info. so I can learn more about the cards that will work in my gps?

Thanks again.

Charlie