I got robbed today.

Replies

• lookinlookin Posts: 1,285 Officer
    ****, bro. glad you're alright...sounds like some really jacked up thugs and good they caught 'em.

Thought #1 - Easy to say what you'd do in that situation while sitting behind a 'puter.

Thought #2 - Nearly all who commented here say they are always at the ready in a public spot...what does that tell you about the state of the State....paranoid and/or living in fear from watching too much local news, CSI, First 48, etc.....not sure, but it says something. Heck, I do it to...if a shady lookin guy approaches I always address them before they get too close...regardless, you can't always have your guard up so you can't blame yourself here man. I think I'd have a TALL drink and hold my wife and kid tight when I got home after something like that. ****.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    You certainly are an unfortunate fellow.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Admiral
    what were you looking at? always always always screen your surroundings.
  • sk018sk018 Posts: 2,945 Captain
    That sucks dude. As you have seen all these keyboard commandos would have been ready and killed the perp (in their world). Bunch of soft old guys thinking they are NAVY seals :machinegun
  • pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 AG
    I would have shot the valve stems off their tires.
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,073 AG
    pupraiser wrote: »
    I would have shot the valve stems off their tires.
    That's because you'd shoot at the assailant(s), miss, and hit the stems. :grin

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,406 AG
    pupraiser wrote: »
    I would have tinkled in my panties

fify
  • OldHewes18RedOldHewes18Red Posts: 308 Deckhand
    Most importantly for the guys with the CWPs...... Frangibles. You can't forget about the downrange innocents.
  • NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,124 AG
    I was filling up my car with gas when someone came from behind me and put a gun to my head. I had prepaid for my gas and my credit cards were at home so they got $10 in cash out of my wallet and my GPS out of my car. They had no plates on their car and I was not about to turn around to get an ID on them with a gun at my head. I am glad I didn't have a gun on me because I didn't have a chance to use one and they would have just taken it from me. Hopefully the cameras from the gas station will help ID them. There were two of them and they were in an old green Lincoln, but that is all I the information I could provide.

Why is not having your CCW such a good thing in this case?…..had they stolen your weapon, they would have most likely added ten years to their sentence upon conviction.

Not such a bad thing to get these “folks” off the street for an additional ten years. You would have been doing society a favor.
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 20,248 AG
    sk018 wrote: »
    That sucks dude. As you have seen all these keyboard commandos would have been ready and killed the perp (in their world). Bunch of soft old guys thinking they are NAVY seals :machinegun

Most if not all talked about situational awareness, I only found one that described a take down but that still included situational awareness.
    :BUNNY gestapo

• team getterdunteam getterdun Posts: 1,741 Captain
    Why is not having your CCW such a good thing in this case?

STOP, OR I'LL SHOOT!!!
    "Fundamentals are nothing but a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage Posts: 12,874 AG
    Why is not having your CCW such a good thing in this case?…..had they stolen your weapon, they would have most likely added ten years to their sentence upon conviction.

Not such a bad thing to get these “folks” off the street for an additional ten years. You would have been doing society a favor.

Your logic astounds me and restores my faith in our judicial system.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,354 Admiral
    Your logic astounds me and restores my faith in our judicial system.

It gives me the worst headache, ever.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 7,733 Admiral
    sk018 wrote: »

No kidding. Most of these extremely situationally aware keyboard commandos will get caught surfing
    fishy chat rooms or internet **** at least twice today.
  • tankardtankard Posts: 6,832 Admiral
    And this whole time I thought it "crapping your pants" was just a figure of speech.

I have been in frightening situations before, but never did I involuntarily take a dump as a reaction. Quite the opposite, more like pucker mode.

Has anybody else here soiled themselves in a stressful situation?
    One time I took a dump and then got scared, in
    that order.

Ok, more than once. A lot of times.
    Well see that is more plausible IMO.

In order to take a dump, I'm speaking for myself here, I need to be relaxed and stress-free. Maybe even reading an interesting magazine, like FS.

Having a gun to one's head just doesn't seem conducive to a productive bowel movement.
  • PhishbohnPhishbohn Posts: 2,978 Captain
    It's adrenaline that excite peristaltic movement,

Same thing happens to burglars and they take a dump on your carpet or pillow after robbing your house.

Me... it doesn't take that much... at my age farting is a gamble.
    Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson.
    I've never heard of burglars spontaneously pooping.

Really?
  • sk018sk018 Posts: 2,945 Captain
    do spray farts aka mudbutt count?
    tankard wrote: »
    I've never heard of burglars spontaneously pooping.

Really?

So I've been told.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • Andrewsmith1Andrewsmith1 Posts: 354 Officer
    The guys who did it are being charged with possession of a stolen vehicle, robbery, and a felon in possession of a firearm. This was not their first time but hopefully it will be their last. The are going to do some serious time as repeat offenders.
    I hope so. Sounds like they are in for a good bid.
    Did you get your $10 back?
    I would also claim restitution for 1 pair of shorts.
  • BnTBnT Posts: 6,644 Admiral
    Man, you have bad luck...
    "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day... Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard"
    gandrfab wrote: »
    Sharky is always clocky, bnt is sometimes sharky,
    sharky is sometimes bnt, but bnt is never clocky
  • Andrewsmith1Andrewsmith1 Posts: 354 Officer
    Did you get your $10 back?
    I would also claim restitution for 1 pair of shorts.
    No and I am not worried about it. I am willing to give up $10 if they are off the streets.
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,444 AG
    No and I am not worried about it. I am willing to give up $10 if they are off the streets.

Was it the drunks across the street? Didn't you say they were buying their booze from a gas station?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChuddybuckrivetChuddybuckrivet Posts: 3,156 Officer
    tankard wrote: »

Has anybody else here soiled themselves in a stressful situation?

I have not, but I've read several books on wars and it seems to be pretty common among soldiers.
  • BeastieBeastie Bokeelia, FLPosts: 873 Officer
    They will serve a small amount of time.
    When they get out they are coming to get you.
  • James243James243 Posts: 732 Officer
    I have recently considered this type of scenerio and what I would do. My gun is usually stored in the car rather than on my person. If I have the opportunity, I'm hosing them down with gasoline. After that they can shoot me if they want, I think the burning will hurt more.