Flamingo Thursday 3:30am

CannibleCannible Posts: 358 Officer
I will be leaving my house at 3:30am make that sunrise bite. I know the area fairly way, if you want to learn. I live in Davie off of Flamingo and 84. Things might change depending on the weather.

Replies

• CannibleCannible Posts: 358 Officer
    Bump
    Going again I have a truck that can carry all of our gear with 2 Kayaks.
    Seems like no one wants to go :huh
  • screename116screename116 Posts: 76 Deckhand
    I would go if I were not deployed, lol...or the fact that I have yet to move to Florida. lol..going asap.
  • krashkrash Posts: 593 Officer
    Whats the bug, "skeeter", situation like down there lately, with all the recent rain and hot weather mixed in it should be getting pretty intense.
    Old Fugger who just likes to fish
    At the boat ramp yes, But I fish the outside and I have yet to get my *** eaten up while on the Yak.
    Going again this Thursday if the wind is right.
    I can not express enough on how awesome my day has been. I was out in the middle of nowhere with the sunrise and nothing but tails on the horizon . I caught my first inshore grand slam. The reds where thick, not to easy to get them to bite. Just hard enough to make it a challenge. I have finally scratched that itch of catching a saw shark. I've always wanted to catch one and my wish came try. Sorry no pics:banghead my camera got sand in the zoom and wouldn't turn on. You guys missed out on a magic day. I'm certain there will be more to come. If you want go hit me up going once a week is killing my gas money. I would love someone to tell my story if I get eaten :P
  • superdupersuperduper Posts: 1,923 Captain
    sounds good. was out there the other day, got a few reds and snook, nothing big. nice day though, watching the storm pass right next to us trying to stay clear.
    Funny I was 5 miles away from the ramp with a lightning storm over my head. I find it funny, cause I have 5 rods and a metal paddle making me into a lightning rod. Oh well, all in good fun.
  • Permit RatPermit Rat Posts: 2,283 Captain
    Are you familiar with the Bear Lakes? If so, I might join you, sometime come Winter if we get a decent spell. It would be quite a drive for me, since I am in Stuart.
    .......Rick
    No I am not, the fishing out front has been so awesome I never had a need to try the lakes. Why whats up with bear lake?
    Going again this week not sure if it will be Thursday or Friday.
    Went out yesterday did very well. Caught 4 reds 3 snook 1 spinner shark 1 saw shark 1 trout. I have picks of the reds images are 2 large for some reason.
  • CrstyCptSWitherspoonCrstyCptSWitherspoon Posts: 590 Officer
    Thanks for the report. Planning on making a trip out there soon. Hate spending the cash on all that gas but dying to hook into some reds with the fly rod.
    Long as it's a east wind you shouldn't have much of a problem. Everybody that knows anything are tight lipped for the simple reason time+experience=money. Of course there is more to it but yea the fish are always biting just gotta change with the conditions. I was out there right after the rains the water was milk and I still got my slam. I have yet to be skunked and I'm fishing snake bite. It is a small place for kayaker for sure. Friday I saw atleast 20 boats fishing here and there oh also one guy on a paddle board. Every time I go I learn something new that's a game changer when I go fishing. I'm getting kinda of board with fishing the same place so I bought a Gheenoe expand my horizons a bit. Good luck to you.