Destin pass inspections by FWC

sandfleasandflea Posts: 31 Deckhand
I always read the "FWC DIVISION OF LAW ENFORCEMENT FIELD OPERATIONS" rap sheet that is posted on violations discovered during routine safety inspections. Why is this list of inspection-fishing violations always 5 to 10 times greater than any other county inspections?

Seems like Destin pass has a higher amount of stops. Mr. Coker, with computers and reporting the way it is, could you please compile a list for me showing number of stops and % citations issued at the different passes in Florida? Thanks for your help.....
Sandflea

Replies

• In all fairness to Mr. Coker, he is Fed not state.

(and we all know neither really knows what the other is doing in most cases)
  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 8,033 Admiral
    Because Destin has a young power hungry musclehead that pulls over every boat that come back into the pass almost daily.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• NOAA-EnforcementNOAA-Enforcement Posts: 202 Moderator
    You will need to contact the FWC for that information.
    You can reach their dispatch at 888 404-3922 and I'm sure they can put you in contact with a person who can help you.

Thanks
    My purpose on this site is to help everyone understand Federal Fishery Regulations and to provide information. Working with the Florida Sportsman is a collateral (volunteer) duty I asked for and enjoy; I will only give you an answer that I’m willing to put my name on and stand behind. Sometimes that means checking with other agents/offices in the area of concern.
    Please Stay Safe And Have A Wonderful Day.
    Special Agent Allan Coker
    NOAA's Office For Fishery Law Enforcement
  • Sopchoppy RedneckSopchoppy Redneck Posts: 1,421 Officer
    It may be that the Destin area FWC does a better job of reporting than other areas! I know of several cases in the Wakulla and Franklin county areas that have never showed up in the operations reports "major violations at that"!!
    YouDontLikeMe.jpg
  • sandfleasandflea Posts: 31 Deckhand
    I would think they should all fall under the same rules of reporting violations, with this report being drawn from that information. Maybe what you say is right as they seem so screwed up on everything else. Consistently inconsistent!