Home Off Topic

DUI -- what do you do- breathalyzer or not

124»

Replies

• HomerSimpsonHomerSimpson Posts: 6,573 Admiral
    dang, you know you're two bag ugly when you can't even find a ride home at 2am in the morning after an all night drinking binge.
  • ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,668 Captain
  • stringlestringle Posts: 462 Deckhand
    dang, you know you're two bag ugly when you can't even find a ride home at 2am in the morning after an all night drinking binge.

Two nights in a row at that...
  • Bottom LinesBottom Lines Posts: 1,105 Officer
    It was 15 years ago so perhaps it changed. I can tell you when I was caught I never missed a day of driving after seeing my attorney. I drove legally with no hardship from about a week after the incident till the day of the trial which was tossed. Had I been found guilty my suspension would have begun from that point. May have changed over the years.

Same here except it was about 17 years ago. Did not blow and never lost my driving privileges. Not sure exactly what the atty did... I remember something about there being some kind of 10 day "window" after the arrest to file or appeal something...
  • Old FloridaOld Florida Posts: 176 Officer
    There was a Jacksonville police officer who caused 3 separate wrecks and fled all of them before being stopped and arrested for DUI a few weeks ago. She'd been charged with DUI twice and I think even convicted before and is still an officer with the agency. I'd post the mug shot, but of course, the police are held to a "higher standard" of accountability so it's not available. I guess that's why she's still an officer as well. It's that higher standard police officers are held to.
    No surprise though, there are tons of police officers who have dui's on their record. But most all of them will refuse the field test and breath test. They know very well that you don't provide evidence against yourself since that's what they do all day at their job is try to get evidence against people.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,446 AG
    An administrative suspension of your DL for not blowing is
    nothing compared to a DUI on your record.
    Don't blow and hope you can find an attorney that can pick
    apart the implied consent warning and get the administrative
    suspension thrown out.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • fasttimesfasttimes Posts: 177 Deckhand
    JeepDiver wrote: »
    False. The DMV side, and the criminal side have nothing to do with each other. You can be found not guilty, or even have the judge throw the case out becasue the cops way over stepped the law and still lose your license.

This is true in the State of FL. Not matter what the outcome of any trial or judge ruling, if you refuse to blow you will loose your driving privelages for one year. That is from the DMV's rules, not the court system.

As for the OP question, it may also depend on what city you are in FL as to blow or not. In Miami and Orlando, they are using a Back On Track program for first time offenders. In essence if you agree to the program you are given a set of fines, community service, counseling, and a brief suspension and in return you have no trial and no DUI on record. Only a reckless driving conviction will be on your liscense and your insurance should not go up. But the key about the liscense suspension is that it is only 6 months if you did blow, but a full year if you did not.
  • Captjohn5150Captjohn5150 Posts: 1,698 Captain
    First dont drink and drive....I would not blow until my attorney is there present....I lived without a car or truck for years in Orlando as i didnt need one....key word....did not need one...still don't. I have a truck now but would rather try to ride a bike....I live within 500 yards of everything i need....2 Winn Dixie's, 1 Publix, 4 bill pay centers, 100 or so eaterys, 3 walk in clinics, hospital is 1 mile away....bus stops with Lynx....so a year not driving is no problem....
    For the love of all outdoors recreational activities....what my spelling is off, that will learn ya. Pimping ain't easy unless u went to FSU, its a BS course.
    What do u get when you can connect the dots, color inside the lines, and get your release papers.....sentence served, times up at Felon sentenced university.
    Floridas first woman's college.
    The only difference between FSU and all the other colleges are other colleges accept you into the university's. At FSU you are taken into custody.
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,511 AG
    First dont drink and drive....I would not blow until my attorney is there present....I lived without a car or truck for years in Orlando as i didnt need one....key word....did not need one...still don't. I have a truck now but would rather try to ride a bike....I live within 500 yards of everything i need....2 Winn Dixie's, 1 Publix, 4 bill pay centers, 100 or so eaterys, 3 walk in clinics, hospital is 1 mile away....bus stops with Lynx....so a year not driving is no problem....

What are you Captain of then? :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,417 Admiral
    I live within 500 yards of everything i need.... 4 bill pay centers....

Wow! Must be a classy neighborhood!
    23895.gif
  • Captjohn5150Captjohn5150 Posts: 1,698 Captain
    Curryford rd is a major intersection and home to the new "Little PR", of course we are now the new ground zero for the new "Little Haiti" as well.......im so happy about it.......Capt of what...well Morgan of course......with my first mate coke....and wireman "the Ice man"....
    For the love of all outdoors recreational activities....what my spelling is off, that will learn ya. Pimping ain't easy unless u went to FSU, its a BS course.
    What do u get when you can connect the dots, color inside the lines, and get your release papers.....sentence served, times up at Felon sentenced university.
    Floridas first woman's college.
    The only difference between FSU and all the other colleges are other colleges accept you into the university's. At FSU you are taken into custody.