Snook/Reds on the Burnt Store Bar 5/25

Did a different trip the other day as I usually head out into PISound or San Carlos Bay. Instead, we went out of the Matlache Park Ramp around 7 am in search of bait. We stopped a few miles north of the bridge and after some heavy chumming we were able to load enough pinfish to take a shot at a few stops. We ran up to Pirate Harbor but there really wasnt enough water to do what we wanted. So, we headed to the Bar...

We pulled up to a rather popular spot and watched as some boats were really into some early morning snook and redfish. Since they had the area heavily crowded we moved down a few hundred yards and set up shop. We beached the boat and waded for a few minutes. I had enough of that and decided to get back into the boat and rest and have a gatorade. I placed my rod into a holder on the front deck and sat back. It was rigged with a pinfish cut in half and I just left it under a cork to soak. As I sat back I kept my eye on it....and watched as it sailed under pretty quickly....

Before I could get to it the rod doubled up and 30 ft. of line shot off. I jumped up and snatched it up and the fight was on as I headed over the side to run the fish down on foot....I gathered up line as fast as I could and before you know it I had the fish pretty much **** on the light tackle....she went 32.5 inches and was well over 10 lbs....

b79b1d59-7065-4719-9922-3838a7cdbbdc_zpse763749b.jpg

79b20159-380d-4c33-a585-540d20021843_zps9174cf3a.jpg

We hung out there for a bit but didnt get into anymore fish until we made yet another move. My buddy was now onto some fish as he was broke off twice in a matter of minutes. We worked the area over hard and picked up three redfish to 26 inches.....and then that was pretty much it. We called it a day.

It was good to score some fish in an area we really dont spend much time at all. I thank the LORD for the blessing of landing some fish to take home and a nice snook to catch and release.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Trust in the LORD and receive HIS many blessings....

Replies

• BinderBinder Posts: 3,875 Captain
    Nice snook & report
  • LonghaulLonghaul Posts: 1,745 Officer
    Come sept you can take that snook home.
  • GatorInPISoundGatorInPISound Posts: 543 Officer
    And believe me brother, I shall....
  • 863 maverick863 maverick Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    Sweet Bro ...:fishing
  • CapnAhabCapnAhab Posts: 250 Deckhand
    Awesome man I was thinking about hitting that up by foot pretty soon. I live in Cape Coral so I might just go wade it one weekend morning but I'm not that familiar with it too much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

God of all days
    Glorious in all of Your ways
    The majesty the wonder and grace
    In the light of Your Name

Let hope rise and darkness tremble
    In Your holy light
    That every eye will see Jesus our God
    Great and mighty to be praised
  • RMDRMD Posts: 1,796 Officer
    I dont fish inshore much but find it amazing how well you guys do in the skinny water. Great report and pics!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GatorInPISoundGatorInPISound Posts: 543 Officer
    Guys, I dont really know it well either, we did it for a change of scenery. But, I will say this, wait until that bar gets covered with water on a good high tide and then pitch pins or shiners into the sandy areas and wait. Its also good to watch for the mullet schools....
  • If1shalldayIf1shallday Posts: 464 Officer
    Great report