Kellan's 1st JUMBO Black Fin Tuna Port Everglades..... 5.25.13

PottymouthPottymouth Posts: 1,547 Officer
Livingthedream came down from Texas for a quick visit and wanted to head offshore I told him its suppose to be windy but there was a small window in the morning. So the plan was simple a quick hit and run, we hauled out to the last buoy and before we can reach it Kellan's plug starts screaming a few min later and up comes the guest of honor to Larrythelobsterman's fish fry:grin bleed and gutted Charley and back tru the inlet we went... making it to the ramp by 9:30am... [video=youtube_share;TpXOqLh1O7M]
sfkglogo.pngadrenalinelogo.pngjimyjigslogo.jpgaccuratelogo.png

Replies

• Android77Android77 Posts: 474 Deckhand
    That's a nice one definitely had to close up my sail today after the wind picked up. Only got one hit on a livey but there was a lot of bait everywhere never could stop pedaling and couldn't get out enough to start jigging. Got in a big trough when the big cataraman came out the inlet and the top of my sail mast was probably even with the peak. A little scary glad I got in before the tide started out I don't think that would have been to fun.
  • kitesfrkitesfr Posts: 356 Officer
    :fishing
    Fair winds and following seas!
  • kitesfrkitesfr Posts: 356 Officer
    BIG cojones to be out in 17 kt wind yesterday! Massive tuna!!! :fishing Awesome!!!
    Fair winds and following seas!
  • 1OzLead1OzLead Posts: 352 Officer
    Nice catch. That's a nice Tuna.
  • Dude-On-A-KayakDude-On-A-Kayak Posts: 256 Deckhand
    Nice. I was fishing in the same area that day, except I didn't launch until 9:30AM. Not surprising that I caught a bonita and you caught a nice tuna.
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    Nice. I was fishing in the same area that day, except I didn't launch until 9:30AM. Not surprising that I caught a bonita and you caught a nice tuna.

Haha this x 2
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

"Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

2013 Hobie Outback
  • CookinmanCookinman Posts: 880 Officer
    Tight work guys and yea, it was a SMALL window yesterday AM before it got really snotty!
  • jivariejivarie Posts: 127 Officer
    That's getting it done in short order.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/kayakfishing - Help the kayakfishing community grow!