Home Panhandle General Fishing & The Outdoors

Pinfish in PC beach

Hey guys just wondering if anyone can direct me on where to find some nice size pinfish for grouper/snapper bait. I usually catch them at the cleaning dock over hear in cape canaveral. Any help would be awesome. Tight lines Chris b

Replies

• Red FishRed Fish Posts: 1,163 Officer
    If you are throwing a net, just ride on the backside of the island in about 2-3' of water. They will be knotted up about every 100' or so. If you got a trap, drop it near one of the channel markers.
    Genesis 27:3 - Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
  • Bonatti84Bonatti84 Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Thank you sir appreciate your help. Only thing is I don't have a boat down there. I'm sure I could net some from shore on the inside. Thanks again
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,830 Moderator
    Net, or hook and line if you want some bigger ones. Any cleaning dock here will also do the trick. City Marina also sells them often times. Not sure about half hitch. Don't think Howells does. To be honest just about any grass flat that's knee to head high will have them, as will docks and other structures in protected bayous areas.

Where you planning on soaking them with no boat?
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
    Net, or hook and line if you want some bigger ones. Any cleaning dock here will also do the trick. City Marina also sells them often times. Not sure about half hitch. Don't think Howells does. To be honest just about any grass flat that's knee to head high will have them, as will docks and other structures in protected bayous areas.

Where you planning on soaking them with no boat?

I'm going out on the capt anderson. Two 12hr day trips. I've never ha trouble findin them but my buddy did so I figured I'd ask the people who knew best. Gotta love the fishing community. Thanks again everyone
  • PCFisherPCFisher Posts: 269 Officer
    Throw out some can catfood on the flats and wait a minute they'll be there. Or you can hook and line them off any dock.
    Tod
  • Snapper SlapperSnapper Slapper Posts: 125 Deckhand
    When you going to be down? Might be able to hook you up.
    Coming in Monday afternoon. I'm looking for larger pins to keep the smaller fish away. What would you charge me?
    Bonatti84 wrote: »
    Coming in Monday afternoon. I'm looking for larger pins to keep the smaller fish away. What would you charge me?

Assume you mean Monday the 3rd correct? How many you looking for? No charge brother, but cant promise the size. We keep a couple of traps out at Treasure Island and I would be more than happy to help a fellow angler out. What do you plan on keeping them in?
    Assume you mean Monday the 3rd correct? How many you looking for? No charge brother, but cant promise the size. We keep a couple of traps out at Treasure Island and I would be more than happy to help a fellow angler out. What do you plan on keeping them in?
    Yes sorry I'm driving in the 3rd. I'd either put them in floating fish baskets or I have a portable live well that runs on a boat battery. Thanks so much. It's very nice of you to help me out. I have five guys going out on two 12 hr trips so the more the merrier
    Yes sorry I'm driving in the 3rd. I'd either put them in floating fish baskets or I have a portable live well that runs on a boat battery. Thanks so much. It's very nice of you to help me out. I have five guys going out on two 12 hr trips so the more the merrier

No problem man. Have to say though I doubt I will be able to come up with enough for 5 people as I was thinking it as just you. We are going out sun and mon so the traps wont have much of a soak on them by Mon eve. Regardless I am happy to give you what I can, if you need to buy more. that is just fewer you will need to buy.
    No problem man. Have to say though I doubt I will be able to come up with enough for 5 people as I was thinking it as just you. We are going out sun and mon so the traps wont have much of a soak on them by Mon eve. Regardless I am happy to give you what I can, if you need to buy more. that is just fewer you will need to buy.
    That's ok. Beggers can't be choosers. Ill still try to throw out my cast net of catch them in my micro spin. Much thanks for the help.
    Potted meat and saltine crackers will go along way to help you fill the well quick.

Throw it out, soak it, do it in about 6 spots and go back and hit the first spot.
    Genesis 27:3 - Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Red Fish wrote: »
    Potted meat and saltine crackers will go along way to help you fill the well quick.

Throw it out, soak it, do it in about 6 spots and go back and hit the first spot.

Can you guys recommend any public piers on the inside of PC beach where I could find them. Thanks in advance. You panhandle guys are awesome. Me and five guys are going out Tuesday and Wednesday on capt Anderson 12 hr trip if any of you guys wanna fish. I usually fish Venice for yellowfin but I can't afford to drop $2000 every year. Tight lines.
    Can you guys recommend any public piers on the inside of PC beach where I could find them. Thanks in advance. You panhandle guys are awesome. Me and five guys are going out Tuesday and Wednesday on capt Anderson 12 hr trip if any of you guys wanna fish. I usually fish Venice for yellowfin but I can't afford to drop $2000 every year. Tight lines.

Go to the Panama City marina. You can always catch choffers along the sea wall there. Try along the ramp and bounce over to the east side where the ice machine is next to the old library.