Skip to main content
Home Boating

Marquesas 2013

2»

Replies

• Egrets LandingEgrets Landing Posts: 953 Officer
    Below is the list of boats that I know have confirmed for the Marquesas run next weekend. If there are any others please advise.
    Plan to meet for dinner at the Grouper on Friday around 6:30. That's a little earlier than I prefer but it will be busy so expect to wait a little.
    1. Renegade
    2. Last-Cast
    3. MTD885
    4. RTbryan
    5. Andy Gerth
    6. Egrets Landing
    7. Bob Chew
    Everyone is staying south except for Andy who has booked up in Islamorada. There is a couple of others that have called me to inquire including EgretRob but not sure if they are attending. That is a decent group for this run. I think FishinMcnut is out healing a shoulder and Flatsboy is way too busy polishing his bilge and battery wires.

I look forward to seeing everyone on Thurs/Friday.

Marq_zps0714ccb1.jpg
  • Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,234 Officer
    Bob Chew will be staying at Parmers with Andy Mills old Bird. He said he will want to do the run with us.
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
    mtd885 wrote: »
    Bump, We may have big news to share at dinner Friday night.

Big news. Lets hear it.
  • mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
    Renagade69 wrote: »
    Big news. Lets hear it.

Ok, Friday night ;) be Square!
  • FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,394 Officer
    Flatsboy is way too busy polishing his bilge and battery wires.

Marq_zps0714ccb1.jpg

Sorry I will not be able to attend this year I wish i could. I did take a break today from Polishing my bildge to catch a bunch of these!

20130510_114015_zpsdaee00b0.jpg
    20130510_120005_zpsb6255f2c.jpg

Tomorrow i will go and buy a new toothbrush and scower the nooks and crannies!
    I hope the weather holds out for your trip but if it's windy make sure you keep your hat and carpet on!
    I would hate to half to polish that too!
    :thumbsup
    FlatsBoy wrote: »
    Sorry I will not be able to attend this year I wish i could. I did take a break today from Polishing my bildge to catch a bunch of these!

20130510_114015_zpsdaee00b0.jpg
    20130510_120005_zpsb6255f2c.jpg

Tomorrow i will go and buy a new toothbrush and scower the nooks and crannies!
    I hope the weather holds out for your trip but if it's windy make sure you keep your hat and carpet on!
    I would hate to half to polish that too!
    :thumbsup

There is some dirt on the hull you may want to clean up.
  • FishinMcNutFishinMcNut Posts: 536 Officer
    Wishing everyone a safe and fun trip. Hate to miss it and should be back in next year...
  • Last-CastLast-Cast Posts: 233 Deckhand
    Have to drop out this time around. My co pilot decided to break his wrist
    Egret 189
    Maverick 17T sold
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
    For those of us that did not have dinner with the Egret clan. Whats the big news?
  • mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
    For those of us that did not have dinner with the Egret clan. Whats the big news?[/QUOTE

The News is, we are about to close on a house and become residents of Cudjoe Key. Next Marquesas get together will include a BBQ at our new home. Access our canal front digs by boat if you come by straight from fishing, or by car if you are the plan ahead type ;) It was great seeing everyone again. Gotta love the Pie Guy Jeff who does what all of us wanted to do when we were kids, eat dessert first…grin! Frank as usual our attention with tales of Mexico and Russia,Glenn once again the fearless expedition leader excelled in putting everyone on fish. The Tarpon did not disappoint and the worms, well they were there too! I cannot wait for the next get together. Next time we expect to see you Pete!!!!
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
    mtd885 wrote: »
    For those of us that did not have dinner with the Egret clan. Whats the big news?[/QUOTE

The News is, we are about to close on a house and become residents of Cudjoe Key. Next Marquesas get together will include a BBQ at our new home. Access our canal front digs by boat if you come by straight from fishing, or by car if you are the plan ahead type ;) It was great seeing everyone again. Gotta love the Pie Guy Jeff who does what all of us wanted to do when we were kids, eat dessert first…grin! Frank as usual our attention with tales of Mexico and Russia,Glenn once again the fearless expedition leader excelled in putting everyone on fish. The Tarpon did not disappoint and the worms, well they were there too! I cannot wait for the next get together. Next time we expect to see you Pete!!!!

Conrats on the new home! wish you all the best...Pete