FS Politics section and credibility

FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,813 Admiral
what do you think ???

Has the FS politics section lost credibility right along with the Obama administration?

Do you care what your screen name represents or means to people. Are you the real person or playing a character (screen name)? Please discuss.

Replies

• navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,436 AG
    Finfinder wrote: »
    what do you think ???

Has the FS politics section lost credibility right along with the Obama administration?

Do you care what your screen name represents or means to people. Are you the real person or playing a character (screen name)? Please discuss.

I am my avatar and sig. Thanks for asking. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brentsumbrentsum Posts: 1,618 Officer
    FS politics never had any credibility - (channeling my inner Gary) it always has been the FS cesspool and continues to be.....its just a fun place to poke fun, vent and have meaningless discussions on "controversial" topics.
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,813 Admiral
    navigator2 wrote: »
    I am my avatar and sig. Thanks for asking. :grin

I agree with you why are so many so serious and quick with the venom..
    brentsum wrote: »
    FS politics never had any credibility - (channeling my inner Gary) it always has been the FS cesspool and continues to be.....its just a fun place to poke fun, vent and have meaningless discussions on "controversial" topics.

Then where did all the libs with some resemblance of class and respect for themselves go and why?
    I don't think Gary uses the word SCUM in every post.
  • LouieLouieLouieLouie Posts: 2,702 Officer
    Yep, I am a Pakistani Man named Louie, see photo below.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I want to offer thanks the "FS Forum Powers That Be" for giving me the opportunity to see the light and makes changes from my past... The knowledge and awareness I have gained during the last few months of BannedCation has helped changed my life... I will strive to continue in the right, I mean LEFT direction... Thank You.
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,141 AG
    Just checked my heavily stamped US Passport......... yup, I'm pretty sure that I "am" who I claim to be....Only had one screen name here for over 11 years.

I have always said that I come here mainly for laughs, but occasionally some good discussion. I get a humorous kick out of watching a few of the Libs here constantly defending the undefensable (aka Obama, etc) and watching them wiggle when faced with those pesky facts thingys......
  • rain dograin dog Posts: 3,245 Captain
    seems when the old forum format went away so did a lot of the conservative slant. i would say it has gotten a lot nastier and in the last 4 or 5 years .. and less enforced by the mods.
    I agree with you why are so many so serious and quick with the venom..

Probably because it sucks to be a liberal. If you'll notice, they are the biggest whiners. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bay20bay20 Posts: 1,490 Officer
    I personally love all the banter makes a boring day go by a little quicker, please mods let the knives and arrows keep being thrown, great enterainment.
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    rain dog wrote: »
    seems when the old forum format went away so did a lot of the conservative slant. i would say it has gotten a lot nastier and in the last 4 or 5 years .. and less enforced by the mods.

When I started posting politics in the off topic section in 2000 or so you should have seen the venom and the overwhelming lack of any non-conservative on the forum. Turns out the radical righties were so nasty that no liberal would dare post up much.

Hell, there were constant and open calls to BAN me from the site because I WAS NOT CONSERVATIVE.

The site is still VERY conservative, but at least the liberals can post without threats of bodily harm from the radical right.
    133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
  • NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,124 AG
    Cyclist wrote: »
    When I started posting politics in the off topic section in 2000 or so you should have seen the venom and the overwhelming lack of any non-conservative on the forum. Turns out the radical righties were so nasty that no liberal would dare post up much.

Hell, there were constant and open calls to BAN me from the site because I WAS NOT CONSERVATIVE.

The site is still VERY conservative, but at least the liberals can post without threats of bodily harm from the radical right.

Preferred-Victim-Card-new.png

seriously your one of the biggest venom spewing contributors on here
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    bay20 wrote: »
    seriously your one of the biggest venom spewing contributors on here

Insults fly both ways don't they.
    133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG

I do.

But that's just me.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    too bad it happens more than common sense
    Insults fly both ways don't they.

not sure I think I have been on here for 12 years I for one have never been banned that I can recall

so a side question not for just Cyco have you ever been banned ?
    not me i am to nice.
  • White DogWhite Dog Posts: 5,343 Officer
    I've been the same since FS Forum started.
    Met many members personally.
    Some cross the street if they see me first.:grin
    The White Dog.........R.I.P..........1996 - June 2nd, 2011
    LouieLouie wrote: »
    Yep, I am a Pakistani Man named Louie, see photo below.

I've gotten calls from 'Dave' over there in Bombay. That count?
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,503 Admin
    what do you think ???

Has the FS politics section lost credibility?

What kind of credibility can a Politics section on a regional fishing forum have?

As far as rain dog's assertions are concerned:

Yes, it's gotten a lot nastier over the last 4-5 years, as has all of the political dialog in the country. Can't imagine what happened 5 years ago to cause this.
    We try to allow the conversation to flow freely, with an eye toward eliminating personal attacks and slurs and obscenities. We don't moderate for content.
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
    nuevowavo wrote: »
    What kind of credibility can a Politics section on a regional fishing forum have?

As far as rain dog's assertions are concerned:

Yes, it's gotten a lot nastier over the last 4-5 years, as has all of the political dialog in the country. Can't imagine what happened 5 years ago to cause this.
    We try to allow the conversation to flow freely, with an eye toward eliminating personal attacks and slurs and obscenities. We don't moderate for content.

A board member (that org will remain unnamed) just came back from DC and met with FL representatives and senators from both sides of the aisle. He said they all described the atmosphere as TOXIC. We are a microcosm of the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    nuevowavo wrote: »

As much as WE members want it to be. For one thing WHY does FS continually allow habitually banned members back in the room. You can get under peoples skin if that is your thing without being banned. Not all politics forum are nasty.

Im just trying to take the lead here and do something different, maybe we can all use a conversation that is not the topic of copy and paste and troll. Sorry if you take this personally. Id like to think I have not wasted my time all these years. LOL but Im pretty sure the answer to that :grin
    navigator2 wrote: »
    We are a microcosm of the same.

I don't think so.

This forum attracts flies.

The Off Topic forum has gotten just as bad. It's like a role playing game with no point, no objective or goal or entertainment, just characters making loud unintelligible noise.

You make people put their names on this nonsense and it would stop.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse

The liberals would leave.......
    I think everyone would. Which would not make me unhappy.

This thing is an embarrassment.

• Ol MuckyOl Mucky Posts: 5,526 Admiral
    I don't think so.

This forum attracts flies.

The Off Topic forum has gotten just as bad. It's like a role playing game with no point, no objective or goal or entertainment, just characters making loud unintelligible noise.

wholly crap you have 8000 posts !!!???
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button
  • stsimonsstsimons Posts: 7,291 Officer
    This thing is an embarrassment.

You have the remote control. Change the channel if you don't want to watch - but with 8400 posts it seems you are a bit complicit. :grin
    stsimons wrote: »
    You have the remote control. Change the channel if you don't want to watch - but with 8400 posts it seems you are a bit complicit. :grin

I think for the most part people who have something real to offer have left
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,176 AG
    I think for the most part people who have something real to offer have left

Examples?
  • rickcrickc Posts: 9,172 Admiral
    Creditability????

What kind of creditability????

hell this is a fishing forum.

strictly for entertainment

a place to vent

all in fun!!!!