Stripping bucket?

scottrodscottrod Posts: 15 Greenhorn
Anyone know who is making one now that pro- trim is not?

Replies

• KennyStCyrKennyStCyr Posts: 41 Deckhand
    No idea, but there are plenty of do it yourself ideas out the there. http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=22755&clickid=redirect they have plastic buckets that are perfect for stripping buckets. Go to the flyfishing section of microskiff.com and youll see what im talking about
    Slinging flys and drinkin beer!
  • ckfrankckfrank Posts: 62 Greenhorn
    http://www.sealevelflyfish.com/stripping-bucket-ii/
    I have one of these. Works great.
  • mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
    X2 tell Ray I sent you and ask if he as any blems available. ;)
  • finbullyfinbully Posts: 488 Deckhand
  • scottrodscottrod Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    finbully wrote: »

I have one of those already and they work ok, I just wantthat will actually hod my rod horizontal as I am waiting to see fish.
    scottrod wrote: »
    I have one of those already and they work ok, I just wantthat will actually hod my rod horizontal as I am waiting to see fish.
    The nice thing about the sea level stripping basket is you can buy an extra bottom and ring. You place the second bottom at the bottom of the basket and fill with water so there is an inch or so of water lubricating your line and you can dip your fly in there to keep it wet so it does not sit on top of the water until you start stripping it. The extra ring keeps the second bottom from floating upward out of the water. The water also weighs it down so it will not blow out of the boat. You can leave your rod in the basket as you go from spot to spot. Now that I have one I would not be caught without it!
  • ZhunterZhunter Posts: 226 Deckhand
    mtd885 wrote: »
    The nice thing about the sea level stripping basket is you can buy an extra bottom and ring. You place the second bottom at the bottom of the basket and fill with water so there is an inch or so of water lubricating your line and you can dip your fly in there to keep it wet so it does not sit on top of the water until you start stripping it. The extra ring keeps the second bottom from floating upward out of the water. The water also weighs it down so it will not blow out of the boat. You can leave your rod in the basket as you go from spot to spot. Now that I have one I would not be caught without it!

If your fly is out of the water long enough to dry out you need to find a spot hat has more fish to cast to :dance
    Zhunter wrote: »
    If your fly is out of the water long enough to dry out you need to find a spot hat has more fish to cast to :dance
    I was in your favorite spot. The guy in front of me kept feeding their tails so I moved back 100 yards. But I digress. Keeping the line lubricated adds distance to the cast.
  • ZhunterZhunter Posts: 226 Deckhand
    mtd885 wrote: »
    I was in your favorite spot. The guy in front of me kept feeding their tails so I moved back 100 yards. But I digress. Keeping the line lubricated adds distance to the cast.

Did you have a word with him?????