Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Jason Collins

Replies

• illinoisfishermanillinoisfisherman Posts: 5,389 Admiral
    Jolly Man wrote: »
    I don't know why this is such a big deal, you don't think his teammates didn't know he was gay. So why would it matter if some hick from NW Florida knows he is gay? I don't care please let this thread die..... I just don't know why we let a minority of people in this country control the debate on issues such as this, asmuch as Hollyweird wants to believe this is more normal than mom and dads being married and force it down our throats on every show from Disney channel to ESPN. I do have some gay friends but I have a lot more straight friends. I also believe this is why shows like swamp people, duck dynasty are becoming more popular.

Yes, Wicked Tuna, Pawn Stars, Mysteries of the Museum and the such can be added to the list of "watchable" shows also. It's getting hard to find decent programing any more. Hey I forgot about old favorites Jeapordy & Wheel of Fortune. Some smart person ought to come out with a clean cable or dish network that could be subscribed to with only "clean" programs.
  • wishfishinwishfishin Posts: 4,080 Captain
    Some smart person ought to come out with a clean cable or dish network that could be subscribed to with only "clean" programs.

TV Land
    1268964408215_zps1ab1a85e.gif
    wishfishin wrote: »
    TV Land

Yeah but you have to get that with a package that includes all that crap.
  • KnuckleheadKnucklehead Posts: 1,418 Officer
    Frank, You have no worry about me ever committing that sin !!! :hairraiser

I judge myself and only hope I can earn forgiveness by the time I am called home.
    I believe it also says sin is sin, and we're not the judge of which sin is worse...
    Don-Knotts-don-knotts-22921303-197-200.jpg
    I watched Duck Dynasty a little last night... ain't impressed.
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,382 Admiral
    Jolly Man wrote: »
    I don't know why this is such a big deal, you don't think his teammates didn't know he was gay. So why would it matter if some hick from NW Florida knows he is gay? I don't care please let this thread die..... I just don't know why we let a minority of people in this country control the debate on issues such as this, asmuch as Hollyweird wants to believe this is more normal than mom and dads being married and force it down our throats on every show from Disney channel to ESPN. I do have some gay friends but I have a lot more straight friends. I also believe this is why shows like swamp people, duck dynasty are becoming more popular.

15 pages, one of the better discussions IMHO. The **** brought out the best in some...go figure.

Hewe's, as always great point/question. I sure do not know that answer, one of a million that will be answered when we make our appt.
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • dewyafishdewyafish Posts: 5,025 Admiral
    Food for thought....
    If God can create people with birth defects and other infimaties then he certainly can make someone gay.
    I'm not saying it's a disease, but it compares with mental illness to me.

Like many have stated on this thread and others, I personally try not to judge people and try to keep a live and let live attitude as long as your rights don't encroach on mine.

My sins are MANY, but me and my God already know this and we are working it out.
    There's nothing more enjoyable than suprise morning sex...
    Unless you happen to be in jail at the time.
    dewyafish wrote: »
    Food for thought....
    If God can create people with birth defects and other infimaties then he certainly can make someone gay.

Like many have stated on this thread and others, I personally try not to judge people and try to keep a live and let live attitude as long as your rights don't encroach on mine.

My sins are MANY, but me and my God already know this and we are working it out.

Excellent statement. You should have posted earlier.
  • jcbcpajcbcpa Posts: 2,148 Captain
    dewyafish wrote: »
    Food for thought....

This is what I wanted to say and didn't know how. Thanks!

God sleeps in the minerals, awakens in plants, walks in animals, and thinks in man.

Arthur Young

• dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,819 AG
    Some smart person ought to come out with a clean cable or dish network that could be subscribed to with only "clean" programs.

All of the best programs are rated DLSV... :)
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
  • MulletMullet Posts: 2,413 Moderator
    Ugahewes wrote: »
    i have MY OPINION but if you say no one makes a gay
    child and its not choice then who made him gay, GOD??

Does God make terribly disfigured children, Hemaphrodites, unfunctionally brain damaged newborns?
  • UgahewesUgahewes Posts: 5,322 Admiral
    I think on this subject a lot of people are not actually JUDGING people i think they just dont feel it is right and do not condone it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They don't condone one sin, but condone others?
    Do not judge others? Forgiveness? Where does it end?

I have judged myself for my sins and all I can do is ask for forgiveness. I don't judge others as I shouldn't but neither do I have the right to bestow forgiveness upon them. It up to God to give His forgiveness....not us. The problem I have is these homosexuals want us to judge them and accept them while all I have been taught tells me their lifestyle is a sinful perversion. I just can't do that.

If we are to forgive them for their perversion where does it end? Do we forgive and accept the Boston Bombers? They killed people that included an 8 year old boy. They did in in the name of a twisted and perverted religion so do we forgive them? Do we forgive the sick Sandy Hook shooter? Obviously mentally ill but if we show any forgiveness and sympathy don't we invite more such attrocities? Children and their promise of a future have been taken. How can the perps be ever forgiven?

I mentioned this thread to a friend yesterday that used to have a chicken and watermelon farm in Indiana. He knows how I feel about the homosexuals. His comment was if we accept these people do we accept the people that are having sex with their animals? Do we let them marry their "favorite" pet chicken or goat? Now I think he was joking, but think about it. Just where does our acceptance of perverted lifestyles end?

I have judged myself for my sins and all I can do is ask for forgiveness. I don't judge others as I shouldn't but neither do I have the right to bestow forgiveness upon them. It up to God to give His forgiveness....not us. The problem I have is these homosexuals want us to judge them and accept them while all I have been taught tells me their lifestyle is a sinful perversion. I just can't do that.

If we are to forgive them for their perversion where does it end? Do we forgive and accept the Boston Bombers? They killed people that included an 8 year old boy. They did in in the name of a twisted and perverted religion so do we forgive them? Do we forgive the sick Sandy Hook shooter? Obviously mentally ill but if we show any forgiveness and sympathy don't we invite more such attrocities? Children and their promise of a future have been taken. How can the perps be ever forgiven?

I mentioned this thread to a friend yesterday that used to have a chicken and watermelon farm in Indiana. He knows how I feel about the homosexuals. His comment was if we accept these people do we accept the people that are having sex with their animals? Do we let them marry their "favorite" pet chicken or goat? Now I think he was joking, but think about it. Just where does our acceptance of perverted lifestyles end?

Forgive your worst enemey - not easy though...

doesn't mean you condone it by forgiving.
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
    Bigfoot wrote: »
    Forgive your worst enemey - not easy though...

doesn't mean you condone it by forgiving.

I can't forgive that lifestyle nor accept it as "natural". I can forgive those that hurt me personally. That is within my right to do so. I can't forgive persons whose actions threaten our moral compass, threaten others or threaten those young people that need protecting. Acceptance of this perverted lifestyle does just that and may cause harm to our children and their children after them. I have no right to accept that. No I don't.
  • jcbcpajcbcpa Posts: 2,148 Captain

From the NIV Men's Devotional Bible

God sleeps in the minerals, awakens in plants, walks in animals, and thinks in man.

Arthur Young

Forgiveness is some amazing stuff.
  • dewyafishdewyafish Posts: 5,025 Admiral
    ferris1248 wrote: »
    That's a powerful last paragraph jcbcpa.

Sho NUFF!!!
    There's nothing more enjoyable than suprise morning sex...
    Unless you happen to be in jail at the time.

x2!!!
  • J Youmans of GaJ Youmans of Ga Posts: 84 Deckhand
    What I cannot fathom is the fact one man comes out and tells the world he is gay and he's rewarded by the media, past prezzes, and the like.
    Tebow is willing to openly show his faith on the field and say "God" and he's bashed by the media ??? Typical of our new world order !!
    What I cannot fathom is the fact one man comes out and tells the world he is gay and he's rewarded by the media, past prezzes, and the like.
    Tebow is willing to openly show his faith on the field and say "God" and he's bashed by the media ??? Typical of our new world order !!

X2
  • trout069trout069 Posts: 5,558 Admiral
    yes it is.
  • UgahewesUgahewes Posts: 5,322 Admiral

bingo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    First off, my apologies for reviving this thread. But I found it interesting that the "in your face" gay lifestyle is taking a hit in Hollywood.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/network-axes-fall-hard-gay-characters-050000725.html
    wishfishin wrote: »
    First off, my apologies for reviving this thread. But I found it interesting that the "in your face" gay lifestyle is taking a hit in Hollywood.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/network-axes-fall-hard-gay-characters-050000725.html

If I could find the applause icon I would put it here ****** !!!!!!

Ignor these shows, turn them off, write letters to their sponsors in complaint, write letters of complaint to the media stations and we can clear our televisions of this abomination.

The Christian hetrosexual community still has rights and can exert the power to change this through their united voices against this lifestyle and it's depiction of being "normal" on our televisions.
  • MulletMullet Posts: 2,413 Moderator
    If I could find the applause icon I would put it here ****** !!!!!!

Ignor these shows, turn them off,

That's all that needs to be done. If people don't watch they won't last. Equality isn't the purpose, making money is.
    Mullet wrote: »
    That's all that needs to be done. If people don't watch they won't last. Equality isn't the purpose, making money is.

Hard to argue this...
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,819 AG
    The Christian hetrosexual community still has rights and can exert the power to change this through their united voices against this lifestyle and it's depiction of being "normal" on our televisions.

Evidently not enough power, or the shows would already be off the air.
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
    dstockwell wrote: »
    Evidently not enough power, or the shows would already be off the air.

No united push....yet..... We need a big name to step up and start the fight..... but who will it be ??????