Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Aruba charter

Anyone fish in Aruba? Looking for a good charter boat down there, anyone have any experience. Also looking to dive so any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks
Joe

Replies

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,246 AG
    Oh,... I had "an experience".....:grin

My best advice is keep your wife out of the duty free jewelry shops....or you may wind up putting stress fractures in your Visa card!
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • fishfanatticfishfanattic Posts: 90 Deckhand
    Haha, she does a good enough job of that here. U do any fishing over there?
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,246 AG
    Sadly, No....
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • profitprofit Posts: 24 Greenhorn
    We go there every year. My Wife is from there. Have a lot of experience fishing and diving in Aruba.

Don't waste your time on offshore charters. Most of the fishery is fished out and like any resort, they bring back any fish that will take the hook. (no regulations, sad) Most of the cruise ships book these charters. Peanut Dolphin and small Tuna. Fly Fishing Aruba does inshore and reef trips and there is a small tarpon fishery that they can take you to. We have booked them and they do a good job inshore and just offshore.

Beach fishing is fair, Snook are real skittish and are within a few feet of the beach. (please release) and there are some decent schools of bones off the beach as well but will only take bait.

Diving is beyond awesome. We have tried a few operators but always come back to Red Sail Sports. Great operation and they are big into safety. Great equipment. Try the WW2 wreck Antilla but the best is the South Coast, reefs, slopes, walls, etc. Airplane dive is cool too. Water clarity is amazing. Red Sail will set you up with a good trip but request the South Coast.....won't be dissapointed.

When are you travelling down there?
  • Widespread PanicWidespread Panic Posts: 227 Deckhand
    Capt. Marcelino on the Caroline. We went in December and caught a few wahoo.