Do you guys run the beaches at dusk also?

I always run the beaches in the morning looking for snook/tarpon/whatever's out there... but I've never really considered running it late in the day. What's the word on this?
Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
Captain Keith Magnussen - Crooked Rod Charters

Replies

• SCFD rtrd.SCFD rtrd. Posts: 1,381 Officer
    I run the beaches in the morning looking for bait. If they are there, it's quick and easy. If not, then I go to the flats. I usually see the Snook before I see the bait. They stay close the bait schools. I don't usually run the beach in the afternoon because of the sea-breeze (to choppy). But, I'm sure the fish are there because they don't care about the chop or waves.
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    Its better light to see rolling fish , when its at your back. The problem is ,it gets too dark to sight fish them.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 12,191 AG
    Wind is also a problem in afternoon, usually from the west, causing whitecaps.

If it lays down in the afternoon enough to see the fish, it can be really good. Less crowded too.
  • LcmaglichLcmaglich Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    Had success after afternoon storms because not only are the beaches empty but it knocks the seabreeze down and the tarpon are usually more cooperative