Home General Fishing

Monster Cuda and Tarpon

2»

Replies

• jimmy06jimmy06 Posts: 1,241 Officer
    DKD wrote: »
    Good job on pulling the tarpon out of the water and then holding it up by its gills for the picture. Did you have a kill tag for it? I wouldn't want the FWC to miss out on seeing such an awesome catch (I am sure they would appreciate it as much as I did), so I have included a screenshot from your video.

where does it say in regs u cant remove from water only says If you intend to keep a tarpon, you must purchase a tarpon tag in advance. way to be a jack....s and rag on someone instead of letting him know what he may have done wrong. it may be frowned upon taking a tarpon out of the water but I couldn't find in the regs where it is illegal
  • FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Posts: 2,060 Captain
    DKD = Just another Tarpon troll. :blahblah

Nice fish. Welcome to the forum.
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,190 Admiral
    Yes!

Nice fish!

I don't care for all the fuss of a worthless tarpon as long as there's an effort to handle them with out inflicting trauma.

Carry on!
  • Lunch Money SurfLunch Money Surf Posts: 1,033 Officer
    Barracuda are great to eat.

The ciguatera thing is overblown and it seems mainly limited to this website.
  • redproredpro Posts: 102 Officer
    Nice Catch! and BTW you can totally gaff and release cudas! I once gaffed a huge one in the head and it broke off the gaff hook and swam away like nothing happened, gaff sticking through head and all! So if anyone finds my gaff let me know!:grin
    2005 Sea Pro SV2100 "Box Stuffer" :fishing
  • TeamAmericaTeamAmerica Posts: 37 Deckhand
    redpro wrote: »
    Nice Catch! and BTW you can totally gaff and release cudas! I once gaffed a huge one in the head and it broke off the gaff hook and swam away like nothing happened, gaff sticking through head and all! So if anyone finds my gaff let me know!:grin

I just have a strange felling that cuda didnt live for much longer lmao
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    on deck wrote: »
    They are jerking off on their 'puters.

You got a camera on me?
  • BradyJrBradyJr Posts: 44 Deckhand
    DKD wrote: »
    Good job on pulling the tarpon out of the water and then holding it up by its gills for the picture. Did you have a kill tag for it? I wouldn't want the FWC to miss out on seeing such an awesome catch (I am sure they would appreciate it as much as I did), so I have included a screenshot from your video.

Get a job...
  • strykeonestrykeone Posts: 89 Greenhorn
    It's unlawful to remove a tarpon from the water, even for a photo without a $50.00 tag. According to FWC, they use the word "harvest" which means to take it out of the water even if you return and revive it a tag must be used. taken from the rules and regulations brochure "Requires $50 tarpon tag to possess or harvest" So that could be some incriminating photo you have displayed should FWC pursue it.
  • SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain
    if fwc would waste thier time pursuing that i would crap myself.. they need to come down my way and get all these bastards rippin through the no wakes in a foot of water kickin up mud..