Home General Fishing

Carrot Stix Warranty

wakebordlfwakebordlf Posts: 100 Greenhorn
Has anyone had any luck with their warranty? I had the tip break off while fishing so I emailed them about coverage and they looked up my info and told me it would be covered and to fill out some paperwork and mail them the section of my rod with the model info on it. I sent everything in back in January and have yet to get a response and they have stopped returning my emails. So has anyone had better results with them?

Replies

• nicknick Crystal RiverPosts: 5,001 Admiral
    Goofy ole Wazchuck taught me to stay away from those rods. He broke at least one a show

Great advertising if you ask me:rotflmao
  • DragScreamerDragScreamer Posts: 1,475 Officer
    all i know is that they suck lol
    Let's go fishing!
  • esteroestero Posts: 2,041 Captain
    I have had a Element 21 Carrot Stix Wild Green rod for a while and haven't had any problems with it.

Just because you’re  Offended  Doesn’t mean you right!

• jakedgejakedge Posts: 1,303 Officer
    They all sound the same....SNAP!
  • GermGerm Posts: 1,704 Captain
    I do recall I thought they had gone under for a little while and then came back. Id like to owna carrot stick, but ive heard they arent the most durable
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,419 Admiral
    wakebordlf wrote: »
    Has anyone had any luck with their warranty? I had the tip break off while fishing so I emailed them about coverage and they looked up my info and told me it would be covered and to fill out some paperwork and mail them the section of my rod with the model info on it. I sent everything in back in January and have yet to get a response and they have stopped returning my emails. So has anyone had better results with them?

Sounds about par for the course. I was even warned about those rods by one of their main retailers.
  • fsu11fsu11 Posts: 2,114 Captain
    I work at academy and ive seen 4 of them come back snapped in half from "setting" the hook how true it is noone knows but seems pretty crappy
  • Mako_OneMako_One Posts: 216 Officer
    I saw wazchucks show this weekend and he no longer uses Carrot stix
    Mako_One wrote: »
    The contract probably expired lol
    Let's go fishing!
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,961 Captain
    Pick up the phone and call them.
  • wakebordlfwakebordlf Posts: 100 Greenhorn
    Jim311 wrote: »
    Pick up the phone and call them.

Done that it goes to a full voicemail
    Mako_One wrote: »

He also does not have a Shearwater boat any longer.

• haydenfox!#$haydenfox!#$ Posts: 2,406 Captain
    They work great for me. I have mine marked off every foot so when I stick it in the water I know how deep it is. Also works wonders for retrieving plugs from mangroves and as a guide stick while wading.
  • waldnerrwaldnerr Posts: 1,030 Officer
    If I'm going to fish with a vegetable, it's going to be celery! :wink
  • twirptwirp Posts: 1,128 Officer
    I used to have 8 of them in the "Gold" series and one Boyd Duckett from early on...I have the Boyd Duckett sitting in the garage because it was a gift, all the others have been sold. I caught hundreds of fish, if not thousands between all of those, not one time did I suffer a break or a failure due to a fish strike, or ripping a skitter walk out of the grass. I have caught 25lb redfish on them, doormat flounder, 20lb. cobia and a 150lb or so bull shark over in Cedar Key. All of my rods have Shimano 2500 reel, with exception of my "big" one that had a 4000 on it (the one I boated the shark on).

My reason for getting rid of them was exactally what the OP is going through. I tried and tried and tried to contact them and NEVER got an answer or reply. I had an issue with a guide and needed an answer, that's all. No new rod, now warranty work, just a question and they were too dang good to get back to me. I have all St. Croix rods now and while I love them, they are not quite as sensative or as light...but, when I call they answer, when I email them I get a reply in a few hours. I like a company that has great customer service and a solid warranty, not to mention American made, which is always a plus and hard to find anymore.

The only thing I can tell you to try is hitting them on their Facebook page, they seem to have had a following there at one time, not sure if they still do. Facebook sucks, and I hate that I even mentioned it, but when I was looking for their contact info a while back, that's all that was coming up.

Now is a good time to find a new brand that has a solid reputation and has been around for a little bit. Something your local tackle shop will support you on and that is easily replaceable. Carrot Stix needs to go away unless they can get right and support the folks who have spent their hard earned money on their product. Good luck man, let us know what happens.
    Pathfinder-Logo-300x103.jpg
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,680 Captain
    I had the same experience as everyone else who tried to return a Carrot Stik. The retailer replaced the first one that broke, but couldn't get them to give him credit. He said that they wouldn't answer the phone.

After the second one broke a few months later, he said that I was on my own. When I tried to contact them they never answered e-mails and the phone just went to voice mail. I never got a call back.

It seems that things have not changed. What a scam. The rods are very light and some have interesting actions. But they break for no apparent reason when doing things like shaking a weed off the hook.
  • superdupersuperduper Posts: 1,927 Captain
    the hook keepers are in a horrible spot too. amateur hour over there at carrot stix, better off with an ugly stik.

id suggest falcon rods, or st.croix. or even better, get a custom rod. bit more money, but youll get customer service for sure.
    Star rods Seagis model have been getting a very good review by many.

I have seen several Loomis rods bundled up ready to ship back to the manufacturer. Loomis breaks also. Loomis also does not have the warranty they once did.
    Most rods that I have heard the stories of them getting broken were not the fault of the rod.

• ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,668 Captain
    Don't know about those Carrot Sticks. I bought my 13 yr old son a Star spinning rod last July $110.00. On Saturday it snapped 2' down from the tip. I always keep the reciepts for rods and reels. I went back to Bass Pro and they said go pick out another rod. Lifetime warranty. :dance
  • tarponfly49tarponfly49 Posts: 336 Deckhand
    estero wrote: »
    Star rods Seagis model have been getting a very good review by many.

I have seen several Loomis rods bundled up ready to ship back to the manufacturer. Loomis breaks also. Loomis also does not have the warranty they once did.
    Most rods that I have heard the stories of them getting broken were not the fault of the rod.
    Just sent mine green water in a month or so back...it fell victim to a ceiling fan...ouch! Loomis had my new one back within 48 hours of relieving it! Only 5 days total from my hands back to my hands for a whopping $20 processing....not bad IMO
  • tankardtankard Posts: 7,031 Admiral
    nick wrote: »
    Goofy ole Wazchuck taught me to stay away from those rods. He broke at least one a show

Great advertising if you ask me:rotflmao

No crap I thought only a Canadian could fall for that gimmick.
  • Mogan MasterMogan Master Posts: 82 Greenhorn
    I was in a similar situation and after 3 or 4 months of frustration I looked up who's signature rod it was and called a public number and spoke to the guys wife. Two weeks later they sent me 2 rods. They threw in a second rod to make it right. Good luck though I believe I just happened upon the right button to push. Ever since then I have stuck with star and St Croix.
    2017 IBW Morada 22 250SHO *August delivery

2013 Maverick 18 HPX 115 ProXS *Sold
  • wakebordlfwakebordlf Posts: 100 Greenhorn
    Sounds like I need to count this as a loss and move on! It was a great rod before it broke but there are just too many good rods out there for the same money or less with better customer service.
  • ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,668 Captain
    Go for the Star.
    Go for the Star.
    good advice, also st. croix and shimano make some pretty reliable rods.
    Let's go fishing!
  • SweatNredsSweatNreds Posts: 51 Deckhand
    I am/was on my 3rd returned rod. Ol mister Bull red said he wanted to keep testing those rods. lol Snap 2 or 3 eyelet down from the top every time. I did not bother calling or sending it back and they are really hard to get on the horn or a response via e-mail. Also it just cost to much for the warranty returns and my dime for shipping. obviously there is an issue with this series of rods. My model was the Green one 7'6 medium Heavy. 3 rods in 3 months.

Very good luck with my 2 Shimano rods
    Have not had the other one long but has preformed great so far and is now my go to rod as I love the feel for it. TFO Temple Fork Outfitters
    This is the G Loomis warranty address:
    For U.S. Customers Send Directly to:

Shimano American Corp.
    Reel Repair Service
    One Holland
    Irvine, CA. 92618

• Edgewater220Edgewater220 Posts: 488 Officer
    Bought one fished with one day set the hook on a nice inshore grouper and third down the rod snapped. Common problem with these rods good luck with the warranty department. I put a new tip on where it broke now its a bait rod that's all it is good for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Edgewater 220IS (Dan)
    Mercury 250 Verado
    Minn Kota I-pilot
    2 Simrad NSS 9 evo 2
    1 Simrad NSS 7 evo2