Home Off Topic

rrbgtt

micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,641 AG
Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes

Replies

• rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,758 Admiral
    I've considered trying to grow a little bit of tobacco just so I could make my kids crop it.....

Cropping and hanging tobacco is the only job I ever had that I dreaded. I used to dream about it. I would wake up tired, feeling like I had already worked all night.
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    Two of my best friends picked tobacco near Lake City. Said they would absorb nicotine through their hands and end up sick and pukey. I am glad I never had to do it.
  • QuailhunterQuailhunter Posts: 173 Deckhand
    I was sent to Georgia every summer from the time I was 11 to the age of 17 to help my family pick tobacco usually I was there 3 weeks over the summer helping and was some of the hardest work I have ever had to do. Pick all day and then spent the evenings stringing it all up.
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,641 AG
    I figured you want to roll your own, small production. Not grow it as a job...
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,758 Admiral
    micci_man wrote: »
    I figured you want to roll your own, small production. Not grow it as a job...

I've considered it. Even thought about driving to Ga and getting some select leaves from a friend. It would probably be fun.

Remembering back on my youth; I would probably just have to buy a pipe. I'd just waste a lot of wrapper leaves and have to smoke some loosely rolled ugly cigars.....:grin
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!
  • hooknlinehooknline Posts: 5,523 Admiral
    Probably have twisted ends on them if your youth was anything like mine