Home General Fishing

DUO BeachWalker Restoration

Antonio999usAntonio999us Posts: 90 Deckhand
Hello Florida's Anglers

I hope you were doing well, and you have had the chance to go fishing many times during these months of 2013.

Maybe some of you remembered the last post I did around January, where I told you about my experience fishing Flounders in the shores next to my beach house. Well, I continued fishing more of those extraordinary fishes with the same lure and I enjoyed a lot.
(Just to let you know, I practice catch & release keeping only less than 20% of my captures).

Unfortunately my lovely lure, the BeachWalker 120MD S11 got all scratchy as the consequence of lots of castings and many captures, and its destiny was the graveyard.

I always thought the possibility to restore my lures, but given that I don’t have the right materials and tools I never did before.

Finally I decided this week to try it, and here I bring for you my rookie restoration video. It is a very simple video, but I would like to receive your comments and suggestions to improve my restoration process. I had many DUO lures and it is a lot of money invested in them, so I would like to extend their fishing lives.

Well, thank you for your attention, have a save fishing, regards Antonio

Probably some of you remember this picture, but this time I marked the extraordinary S11. I captured many flounders like these ones in the picture with the same lure, while other anglers did not.

Here is the link to my How-to-do video:

Replies

• DJ GeoffDJ Geoff Posts: 188 Officer
    Hello Florida's Anglers

I hope you were doing well, and you have had the chance to go fishing many times during these months of 2013.

Maybe some of you remembered the last post I did around January, where I told you about my experience fishing Flounders in the shores next to my beach house. Well, I continued fishing more of those extraordinary fishes with the same lure and I enjoyed a lot.
    (Just to let you know, I practice catch & release keeping only less than 20% of my captures).

Unfortunately my lovely lure, the BeachWalker 120MD S11 got all scratchy as the consequence of lots of castings and many captures, and its destiny was the graveyard.

I always thought the possibility to restore my lures, but given that I don’t have the right materials and tools I never did before.

Finally I decided this week to try it, and here I bring for you my rookie restoration video. It is a very simple video, but I would like to receive your comments and suggestions to improve my restoration process. I had many DUO lures and it is a lot of money invested in them, so I would like to extend their fishing lives.

Well, thank you for your attention, have a save fishing, regards Antonio

Probably some of you remember this picture, but this time I marked the extraordinary S11. I captured many flounders like these ones in the picture with the same lure, while other anglers did not.

Here is the link to my How-to-do video:

Great job Antonio..Thanks for posting...
  • DragScreamerDragScreamer Posts: 1,475 Officer
    My dad used to enter competitions for model tanks in new york ( i noticed the models in the background) lol good job on the restoration!
    Let's go fishing!
  • Antonio999usAntonio999us Posts: 90 Deckhand
    Hello Drag Screamer
    Thank you for your comment regarding the restoration of my DUO S11 ...
    On the other hand, actually I do not build model tanks or planes anymore. I used to do a lot when I was a teenager, and some years ago I began to build again twin-motored planes from WWII, but I have to stop due lack of time. Now, what I am trying to do is to collect two Grait Britain brands (Dinky Toys and Corgi Toys) that I had when I was kid. Those are the ones you saw in the background on the shelves.
    Kind regards, Antonio
  • tarponfly49tarponfly49 Posts: 336 Deckhand
    Not bad! You may have motivated me to fix up about 6 or so yozuris that have been sitting in my junk drawer, lol
  • Antonio999usAntonio999us Posts: 90 Deckhand
    Not bad! You may have motivated me to fix up about 6 or so yozuris that have been sitting in my junk drawer, lol

Hello Tarpoonfly49 ... I am very happy that you have motivated to repair your lures. I really enjoy all this stuff of fixing, repairing and doing my own flies, spoons and jigs, by myself while I not go for fishing. To me, all this is part of fun.
    Please let me know how did you do with your Yo-zuris...

On the other hand, have you tried the new Yo-zuris Crystal 3D Prism ??? they are really good. Maybe, the lures do not have the cast advantages like the DUOs, but they are really good. I bought around 60 Yo-zuris a month ago in BassproShop to upgrade my Yo-zuri team lures ... they work well, I can recommend them to you.