Home General Fishing

Has anyone ever used the 12 fathom baits or pro-cure lure?

TSJTSJ Posts: 10 Greenhorn
Has anyone ever used the 12 fathom baits? I have the fat sam mullet gold flake and white color. Or the Pro-Cure lure shrimp scent? I am going to use them,I'll let everyone know how I do.
I'm looking for a good alternative to gulps since I don't like how easily pin fish can bite the tails off or the longevity of the bait in general.

Replies

• red_magnetred_magnet Posts: 498 Deckhand
    I use pro-cure all the time not sure about the fathom baits. Shrimp or ladyfish scent is solid in my opinion.
    I owe it all to my Granny and Bill Dance....
  • SJCSJC Posts: 2,572 Captain
    If you want to avoid pinfish, you better fish with hard baits. Just Sayin
    The Beatings will continue until moral improves!
  • red_magnetred_magnet Posts: 498 Deckhand
    mister twister darts are pretty solid and should survive pin fish, but anything with a little tail will get bit off by the pins. Snook and Reds like pinfish even with a circle hook right below their dorsal fin under a popping cork ! plus you cant hardly kill them
    I owe it all to my Granny and Bill Dance....
  • SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain
    i recently ordered a couple bottles of procure.. blue crab and mullet scents.. didnt see a ladyfish one on thier website.. they came last week and i only got to use it once on account of the weekends crap weather but i tore up ladyfish and small trout.. but there were so many of them around, i couldnt definitively say whether or not the procure is helping as these fish were smashing anything and everything.. sure stinks though, and leaves a helluva nice slick...stays on well too..
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,419 Admiral
    12 fathom is a old brand they have been around for a long time. They have some nice soft plastics ,if you find something you like it's cheaper to buy it from them in bulk.
  • Joupdog1Joupdog1 Posts: 1,416 Officer
    I just tried out the 12 Fathom baits yesterday and must say I was impressed. We got some really solid trout during the day and nice snook under the lights at night with them. I've got no opinion on Pro Cure, don't think its necessary