Skip to main content
Home General Hunting

Can we talk about new restrictions?

2»

Replies

• Big MakBig Mak Posts: 5,300 Admiral
    Holes needs a good hot fire for starters, but that's a whole other ball of wax.
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    don't disagree that it makes good sense to have some common bond between 3,holes,and rot...don't know if it is going to get more then 1 permit per buggy?

Definitely will create further seperation on the yahoo's on the levee:)
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 5,300 Admiral
    Dog, how are current max sustained yields deduced these days at the state level? Just curious.
    u should be a politician dog...ur good at covering all sides of the field. I guess with no defined strategy no accountability
  • hooksetterhooksetter Posts: 505 Officer
    wait till the cat leaves rot during high water months which happens to coincide with hunting season and then they claim that the hunters pushed the cat out.
    then we will have a problem.
    just like when simon and garfunkle did the study for a college report in bear island.
    this could become an issue...
    binelli,
    I can not confirm my information about that track tags. however, you could prolly find this out and see if indeed this is where the push came from. I have heard rumor of this and it could be the case.
    this prolly should have been should have happened when 3a went to a fork rule.
    through my slim knowledge on the matter of deer management and the area.
    this will be a good thing for all the areas.
    in the slight event that someone gets a picture of a 4 year old cowhorn down the road. dont burn me at the stake or fall to the belief that we will have poor genetics being passed by said devil deer.
    I hope just like in most the areas this has happened to we see near the same numbers in harvest and yet not have 25% or so of them 5.5" spikes
    there is a good chance nothing will change and harvest numbers will not be that far off.
    I have had area biologist tell me off the record that they would like too see a doe harvest come back but I doubt that will happen and with they way our law reads would only allow for small spikes to be shot again.
    NEVER START A FIRE IN THE WOODS THAT YOU CANT STOMP OUT. IT MAY COME BACK AND BURN YOUR A$$!

http://tintkingfl.com/
    Big Mak wrote: »
    Holes needs a good hot fire for starters, but that's a whole other ball of wax.

all the area bios will agree with you. ashes falling on the cars in weston and having to hide the seniors with breathing problems may cause this not to happen..
    NEVER START A FIRE IN THE WOODS THAT YOU CANT STOMP OUT. IT MAY COME BACK AND BURN YOUR A$$!

• gamehunter1023gamehunter1023 Posts: 467 Officer
    Dem restrictions were made for the cougar, Don't yall know that dem cougars only like to harvest trophy bucks............
    this brings up a whole nuther realy stupid issue.
    now in corbett you cant shoot a 7 inch spike but you can shoot a 4 inch spike....during archery of course.
    oh well
    dats how the cookie crumbles.
    i know there is fellers out there that have yelled and screamed at meetings that if the does keep getting shot in corbett we will have NO deer left in the area.
    I dont hunt there but I believe they have had really consistant numbers over the last few years and the old way of thinking has not prevailed.
    this is also with my knowledge of all the conspiracy theorys.... like all the deer were pushed in there by development and the destruction of near by groves.
    I believe there was a high water slaughter in there last year but I have seen some pictures of some truely fine palm beach deer with some age coming out of there over the past few years. not easy to raise one on private in the area let alone in corbett.
    I really think this will only be a positive especially since there will prolly be a future cat program in the area.

i called my buddy DC and asked him if I need to buy a track since he's as up on things as much as anyone when it comes to the glades...no new news to report.Just that it makes better sense now that all the areas are ARU's:)

I heard they're puttin up one of them traffic cams at the crossovers also...LMAO
    they need the cams at the rest areas or aint nobody gunna have a truck to go hunt in.
    D should have known.
    let me check my rumor sources and ill get back wich ya.

• Walker DogWalker Dog Posts: 2,155 Captain
    You set the regs so that you can shoot just about every antlered buck and few if any does and you will get maximum sustained yield. It doesn't require population surveys, just keep the doe harvest down to about nothing and harvest as many antlered deer as you can. In Florida, if you're managing under that principle, you don't realy even need to collect harvest data, because the food is low quality but abundant..... so no check stations are necessarry either. Pretty simple really. Not really the best way to manage in the best interest of the deer, but it doesn't wipe them out and it does maximize harvest opportunities. Thats what some of the public wants and thats why its offered on some areas.
    Walker Dog wrote: »
    You set the regs so that you can shoot just about every antlered buck and few if any does and you will get maximum sustained yield. It doesn't require population surveys, just keep the doe harvest down to about nothing and harvest as many antlered deer as you can. In Florida, if you're managing under that principle, you don't realy even need to collect harvest data, because the food is low quality but abundant..... so no check stations are necessarry either. Pretty simple really. Not really the best way to manage in the best interest of the deer, but it doesn't wipe them out and it does maximize harvest opportunities. Thats what some of the public wants and thats why its offered on some areas.

Can you give me a specific area you have in mind?
  • Walker DogWalker Dog Posts: 2,155 Captain
    I didn't have any particular area in mind. I was just talking about the maximum sustained yield management strategy in general terms. Ocala sounds a lot like that. Look at the WMA brochures on the FWCs website and you can find a number of them.