Fishing seasons

Can anyone tell me when Grouper opens and closes for Gag and all Grouper speciecs and when does Red Snapper Opens and closes as well.

Trying to put a group of men together from georgia to catch these specicies along with some Jacks as well.

Thanks Mike

Replies

• Neuby777Neuby777 Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    Reef Thief wrote: »

Thank you very very much. Very helpful.
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,984 Moderator
    You will never be allowed to catch gag, red grouper, snapper and jacks in the same trip. It was about five years ago that those stars last lined up.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,168 Officer
    You will never be allowed to catch gag, red grouper, snapper and jacks in the same trip. It was about five years ago that those stars last lined up.

Oh, you can catch them all in the same trip........BUT, "someone" has decided that it's best we not keep them all at the same time!!! LOL ;(

Livin' the Dream !
  • BeckBeck Posts: 2,332 Captain

True, it doesn't happen often these days.....certainly nothing that can be counted on. We did get lucky last year and the few extra days of Snapper season that were given overlapped into the start of Grouper season. I think there were 3 or 4 days maybe.....should have kept a log! :)

But like PH says.....don't count on it!
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,984 Moderator
    You couldn't catch jacks then... At least I don't think you could.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • BeckBeck Posts: 2,332 Captain
    You couldn't catch jacks then... At least I don't think you could.

That's right, and I think they closed triggers too....if I remember correctly.

Being able to catch gags and snapper was merely luck of the draw anyway.

We did get one or two weekends of gag, red grouper and snapper. Early July I think, and yeah.... You're right, they closed triggers down I think before snapper opened up. Some silly shlt...
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,168 Officer
    Beck wrote: »
    That's right, and I think they closed triggers too....if I remember correctly.

You are correct........

Livin' the Dream !