Doves in Boat house roof

chucks_placechucks_place Posts: 113 Officer
I am having trouble with doves wanting to build nest in the roof of my boat house. Have been using a sling shot but the rubber does not last because of the heat and when I pull back it breaks. I was wondering what trouble it would be to use a air pellet pistol. Two different kinds one you pump up and the other is spring loaded. I have a ccp and do not want to jeopardise that just because some one saw me with a quote,,,,,pistol. I do live in a neighbor hood developement so there are houses around but I will only be shooting up into my boat house roof.
:USA

Replies

• alvincaminoalvincamino Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    It is not illegal...

Unless you get caught...
  • fsu11fsu11 Posts: 1,890 Captain
    use the airsoft, rocks, whatever i wouldnt worry too much if someone asks say your trying to hit a spider :Bike
  • testerman28testerman28 Posts: 1,329 Officer
    sounds like a good dinner of birds to me.. :) just kidding...
  • LoganGLoganG Posts: 48 Deckhand
    I am having trouble with doves wanting to build nest in the roof of my boat house. Have been using a sling shot but the rubber does not last because of the heat and when I pull back it breaks. I was wondering what trouble it would be to use a air pellet pistol. Two different kinds one you pump up and the other is spring loaded. I have a ccp and do not want to jeopardise that just because some one saw me with a quote,,,,,pistol. I do live in a neighbor hood developement so there are houses around but I will only be shooting up into my boat house roof.

If you kill them Cook them(Breast), rap bacon around them and grill them they are Delicious.
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    I have Pigeons in mine... PITA !!!
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 1,022 Officer
    Have you tried hanging an imitation owl from the rafters?
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    Have you tried hanging an imitation owl from the rafters?

I have... I could hear the Pigeons laughing...
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • SCFD rtrd.SCFD rtrd. Posts: 1,369 Officer
    If you made a ceiling out of chicken wire, would that keep them out?
  • chucks_placechucks_place Posts: 113 Officer
    I have a OWL, SNAKES, SPIDERS. 80lb fish line woven in the corners and they still get in. The SPIDERS, AND SNAKES they cuddle up too.
    :USA
  • Roc N RolRoc N Rol Posts: 1,349 Officer
    I have Pigeons in mine... PITA !!!

Keep an eye on the young, I hear Squab is good.
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,911 Moderator
    Pigeon trap and some hot grease...
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"