Home General Freshwater Fishing

rodman fishing

I dont do much bass fishing but would like to take my daughter to rodman with some shiners. Anyone know how the bite is right now?? Thanks

Replies

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,291 Moderator
    no slack wrote: »
    I dont do much bass fishing but would like to take my daughter to rodman with some shiners. Anyone know how the bite is right now?? Thanks

Shiner fishing should be great. Most if not all the bass are done with the spawn and are hungry. I'm guessing areas with some cover and a little depth near shallow water will have some nice fish staged up to feed.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Bass2bucksBass2bucks Posts: 654 Officer
    I havent fished it but my guess would be you can catch them pre,spawning,post spawning on rodman right now assuming the waters in the low 60s which im pretty confident it is. I havent fished the reservoir in about a year but heres what I can tell you.. If your coming out of kenwood hang a left and fish from that first major cut on the left all the way down the bank until you see the stumps everywhere.. once you see them fish those stumps with cranks and traps. Last i was there the hydrilla hadnt grown back yet but if it has use something like a big ez.. heres a short vid i filmed there hope that helps
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,291 Moderator
    B2B is right. I just spoke with a friend that fished Lake Santa Fee and caught 5 nice bass that had not spawned yet.
    I'm south of there and not seeing any but the water is still in the low 60's.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • no slackno slack Posts: 371 Deckhand
    Thanks for the tips guys!!
  • Ladr6Ladr6 Posts: 54 Deckhand
    I fish rodman regularly. Bite is decent right now. Shiner fishing should produce good fish. Hang a left out of the kenwood ramp and the first timber you come to on your right should get you some decent fish.
  • mitziboymitziboy Posts: 328 Officer
    Bite was pretty slow over the weekend, we ended up with 2 4lbers and a few 2s.. flipping the mats or casting flukes & swim baits around the hydrilla in the middle.